FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hellscythe

Holy Priest on Heroic Imperator

So ive done Normal 7/7 and Heroic 6/7. I have been playing holy priest for over a month now, and i get the feeling that Holy priest arent that great on heroic imperator.. I have a 27k+ healing over time average on the fight, but people i raided with keeps complaining that im a holy, and not a disc. I love holy, but i assume people want the reduce damage bubble on transition phases.

so my question would be about your guys opinion on holy priest on Imperator.

i might change spec but im to lazy to learn a new spec :(

If the lives of everyone on this world that I've ever loved, depended on my believing that there is only *ONE* spec that's acceptable for each class to play in general raiding, I'd have no loved ones left alive. If you're not comfortable playing a certain spec, you're just not going to do as well with it as the one you're comfortable playing.

That being said, some individual bosses are easier to defeat one way, than another. My priest is single-spec shadow (dual spec is VOLUNTARY, and I chose not to dual spec with her) and still only level 90 to boot; however, I can understand if Discipline's absorb shields make that specific boss easier, particularly during a particular moment in time. I still remember in BC, when fighting Maulgar, the best way to handle his shaman add (who pelted you with lightning bolts) was with a moonkin druid due to the nature resistance, and a mage was needed to handle Maulgar's mage by using spellsteal to take away his shield and put it on yourself so you could mitigate the add's fireballs.

Finally, it doesn't hurt to at least be familiar with all three specs, even if you're not comfortable playing one often enough to learn all its nuances. A basic understanding can't hurt. If you can handle Discipline enough to give it a try and find that its shields make the fight easier, then you're set. If you don't notice any differences, then go with what you like better. I should point out that you didn't say if these complainers were saying WHY they were PO'ed just that you were holy at all. Haters are gonna hate no matter how you try to appease them. If you're keeping the people healed enough to beat that fight and nobody needs to carry you, then they can whistle Dixie.

• Like 1

If the lives of everyone on this world that I've ever loved, depended on my believing that there is only *ONE* spec that's acceptable for each class to play in general raiding, I'd have no loved ones left alive. If you're not comfortable playing a certain spec, you're just not going to do as well with it as the one you're comfortable playing. That being said, some individual bosses are easier to defeat one way, than another. My priest is single-spec shadow (dual spec is VOLUNTARY, and I chose not to dual spec with her) and still only level 90 to boot; however, I can understand if Discipline's absorb shields make that specific boss easier, particularly during a particular moment in time. I still remember in BC, when fighting Maulgar, the best way to handle his shaman add (who pelted you with lightning bolts) was with a moonkin druid due to the nature resistance, and a mage was needed to handle Maulgar's mage by using spellsteal to take away his shield and put it on yourself so you could mitigate the add's fireballs. Finally, it doesn't hurt to at least be familiar with all three specs, even if you're not comfortable playing one often enough to learn all its nuances. A basic understanding can't hurt. If you can handle Discipline enough to give it a try and find that its shields make the fight easier, then you're set. If you don't notice any differences, then go with what you like better. I should point out that you didn't say if these complainers were saying WHY they were PO'ed just that you were holy at all. Haters are gonna hate no matter how you try to appease them. If you're keeping the people healed enough to beat that fight and nobody needs to carry you, then they can whistle Dixie.

Thank you for writing such long respond. I will try and see how disc spec will "suit" me or not. it is idd harder to get in a "good" raid as a holy. 

So ive done Normal 7/7 and Heroic 6/7. I have been playing holy priest for over a month now, and i get the feeling that Holy priest arent that great on heroic imperator.. I have a 27k+ healing over time average on the fight, but people i raided with keeps complaining that im a holy, and not a disc. I love holy, but i assume people want the reduce damage bubble on transition phases.

so my question would be about your guys opinion on holy priest on Imperator.

i might change spec but im to lazy to learn a new spec :(

Hi! I'm also a holy priest with about ilvl 660 and I've made attempts on Imperator in heroic to 30 %. But I managed to get 33-35k hps so you should be fine with holy. Are you sure that your talents and stats prio are right to the site? Because I perform just as good as disc priests in our guild. Something you do is wrong, just my feelings. Hope you sort it out otherwise ask for more help!

It is hard to say what is going wrong without any logs to check.

If you want help the first step is to get some logs up on warcraft logs.

I killed him on heroic with a pug this week. Lots of raid wide damage that needs to be dealt with and periods of time where the raid must be topped off. Hymn is a great ability on Mar'gok. Discipline is good if your having issues with high stacks of brand. However if you have 2x Hunters taking care of Branded you wont really need the big absorb.

Anyways as Holy, you should always have renews rolling prior to a Arcane Abberations being summoned. Same with Prayer of Mending. Cascade is good here aswell. CoH used when possible.

If you have no discpline priest, then make sure the two people juggling branded have renew on them and when the final brand ticks out you should have Power Word: Shield on the guy. Until the first transition phase you will have plenty of time to use Heal on them seeing as there isnt much damage going around.  If they they need to be topped off, then use the HW:S combo.

Hymn will take care off the raid wide damage during the transitions phases(If your killing all adds at once, then use it there). I found Guardian Angel best used on Tanks. Although it can be used on a Branded target if you know they will die.

For me Mindbender was strongest tool when dealing with the mana issues on this boss. I have a focus target Solace macro, but I couldnt be arsed to changing the focus target when MarGok was away, so i was missing a lot of solaces. Using Mindbender was just easier me.

Just before entering the last transition phase you will have enough time to sit down and use the channel mana pot which will give you 50k mana.

As Talents goes, its pretty straight forward except I use ToF instead of PI here. Glyphs are Renew, Deep Wells and CoH.

If your using Grid, make sure you have debuff icons added such as Branded/Marked.

In my opinion Holy is just fine on that fight.

Edited by Bobbyjensen6000

Hi! I'm also a holy priest with about ilvl 660 and I've made attempts on Imperator in heroic to 30 %. But I managed to get 33-35k hps so you should be fine with holy. Are you sure that your talents and stats prio are right to the site? Because I perform just as good as disc priests in our guild. Something you do is wrong, just my feelings. Hope you sort it out otherwise ask for more help!

yes im sure im doing it right, i can also pull off 33-35k hps with 655 item level. I just wanted to know if holy is rather "useless" on heroic imp. But im sure im gonna stay as holy, since i love the spec.

It is hard to say what is going wrong without any logs to check.

If you want help the first step is to get some logs up on warcraft logs.

theres nothing wrong. its just an opinion between holy and disc on heroic imp :D

I killed him on heroic with a pug this week. Lots of raid wide damage that needs to be dealt with and periods of time where the raid must be topped off. Hymn is a great ability on Mar'gok. Discipline is good if your having issues with high stacks of brand. However if you have 2x Hunters taking care of Branded you wont really need the big absorb.

Anyways as Holy, you should always have renews rolling prior to a Arcane Abberations being summoned. Same with Prayer of Mending. Cascade is good here aswell. CoH used when possible.

If you have no discpline priest, then make sure the two people juggling branded have renew on them and when the final brand ticks out you should have Power Word: Shield on the guy. Until the first transition phase you will have plenty of time to use Heal on them seeing as there isnt much damage going around.  If they they need to be topped off, then use the HW:S combo.

Hymn will take care off the raid wide damage during the transitions phases(If your killing all adds at once, then use it there). I found Guardian Angel best used on Tanks. Although it can be used on a Branded target if you know they will die.

For me Mindbender was strongest tool when dealing with the mana issues on this boss. I have a focus target Solace macro, but I couldnt be arsed to changing the focus target when MarGok was away, so i was missing a lot of solaces. Using Mindbender was just easier me.

Just before entering the last transition phase you will have enough time to sit down and use the channel mana pot which will give you 50k mana.

As Talents goes, its pretty straight forward except I use ToF instead of PI here. Glyphs are Renew, Deep Wells and CoH.

If your using Grid, make sure you have debuff icons added such as Branded/Marked.

In my opinion Holy is just fine on that fight.

Glad to hear your opinion! i already know im doing correct, just wanted to know people opinion between holy and disc on heroic imp :D glad to hear holy is not "useless". I will stay and heal as holy :)

• Like 1

/targetenemy

/cast Power Word: Solace(Talent)

/targetlasttarget

You can use that macro for PW:Solace, you will never need to focus target an enemy. 

• Like 2