Sign in to follow this  
Lupo

Frost Opener and Mirror Images Question

Hey there - Opener question first up

• Pre-pull 3sec - Mirror Images
  • Pre-pot and frost bolt to hit on 00:00
  • Frozen Orb, PC
  • Trinks, IcyVeins
  • Ice Lance (for cleaves), Ice Nova and Frostfire with that priority while PC is up.
  • FrostFire when 2x Brain Freeze, Ice Lance, Ice Nova (when in movement, otherwise save for AoE or PC)

I've seen more successful mages open up with a delayed opener:

• Prepot and frostbolt until FoF
  • Frost Bomb (instead of Ice Nova)
  • MI, Pop Trinkets, Icy Veins and burn in them (Thermal Void spec).

So first of all - is Thermal Void such a big deal or should I stick with PC?  I know how to use it, even though it gives me a lot of trouble every now and again because our tanks tend to be a bit hyperactive and insist on moving things for no reason...

Secondly, since I never could get a final answer on this...  The mage I saw popped Mirror Image before his trinkets and Icy Veins (to save GCD I assume even tho he seems to have macroed them which makes the practice pointless)

Does MI snapshot the initial stats you have or does it continuously mirror your current state?  I'm assuming it's the latter otherwise our way of doing things would make no sense (including Simcrafts).

Hey there - Opener question first up

• Pre-pull 3sec - Mirror Images
  • Pre-pot and frost bolt to hit on 00:00
  • Frozen Orb, PC
  • Trinks, IcyVeins
  • Ice Lance (for cleaves), Ice Nova and Frostfire with that priority while PC is up.
  • FrostFire when 2x Brain Freeze, Ice Lance, Ice Nova (when in movement, otherwise save for AoE or PC)

I've seen more successful mages open up with a delayed opener:

• Prepot and frostbolt until FoF
  • Frost Bomb (instead of Ice Nova)
  • MI, Pop Trinkets, Icy Veins and burn in them (Thermal Void spec).

So first of all - is Thermal Void such a big deal or should I stick with PC?  I know how to use it, even though it gives me a lot of trouble every now and again because our tanks tend to be a bit hyperactive and insist on moving things for no reason...

Secondly, since I never could get a final answer on this...  The mage I saw popped Mirror Image before his trinkets and Icy Veins (to save GCD I assume even tho he seems to have macroed them which makes the practice pointless)

Does MI snapshot the initial stats you have or does it continuously mirror your current state?  I'm assuming it's the latter otherwise our way of doing things would make no sense (including Simcrafts).

MI dinamically updates.

TV and PC are both great choices, depending on the encounter's needs. Shout at your tanks to stop moving or let you know in advance if they're gonna move on the pull.

Your opener is correct, if you are using glyph of IV (but don't forget about pet water jet). You want to have IV up for when your Frozen orb starts hitting the boss. You should use your BFs immediately, there is no need to wait for them to stack up. Only exception is, when you already have 2 FoF charges.

MI dinamically updates.

TV and PC are both great choices, depending on the encounter's needs. Shout at your tanks to stop moving or let you know in advance if they're gonna move on the pull.

Your opener is correct, if you are using glyph of IV (but don't forget about pet water jet). You want to have IV up for when your Frozen orb starts hitting the boss. You should use your BFs immediately, there is no need to wait for them to stack up. Only exception is, when you already have 2 FoF charges.

Thanks for the reply, yeah I use Water Jet as a filler asap as often as possible except during burst phase.

Still having a bit of an issue working out how to properly time my trinkets to hit together again throughout a fight but I guess practice makes perfect.