vampirefang

Blood Death Coil Healing in Simcraft

4 posts in this topic

Hello! was just wondering how to add death coil healing to my action priority list in Simulationcraft for blood tanking

What I've tried:

• actions+=/death_coil,target=(me),if=buff.lichborne.up&health.pct<70
  • actions+=/death_coil_heal,if=buff.lichborne.up&health.pct<70

I'll just make it a list because I'll add to it if possible

I've done a ton of googling for old sim results and old blood death coil healing but have been very unsuccessful in finding an answer for myself.

The first action listed will simulate, but it wont cause healing from death coil

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lichborne has no interaction with Death Coil. It used to, in MoP. But since 6.0.1 Lichborne gives you 10% leech instead of turning Death Coil into self heal.

You can use Death Coil to place absorbs on other players, with Glyph of Death Coil, if you need to squeeze every bit of healing to another player. But it is generally not worth it, neither as blood, nor as unholy (frost does not have Death Coil).

Edited by simpetar

Lichborne has no interaction with Death Coil. It used to, in MoP. But since 6.0.1 Lichborne gives you 10% leech instead of turning Death Coil into self heal.

You can use Death Coil to place absorbs on other players, with Glyph of Death Coil, if you need to squeeze every bit of healing to another player. But it is generally not worth it, neither as blood, nor as unholy (frost does not have Death Coil).

Well, that isn't true. It may have been removed from the tooltip but lichborne death coil self healing is still very much a thing and more powerful than ever now that death coil has been reduced from 40 RP to 30.

Is there a way to make Simcraft simulate this effect? I dont mind if its some hack job way.

My apologies, should have tested it first before blindly trusting the tooltip (and patch notes).

Edited by simpetar