Soupladel

DPS issues or to be expected?

2 posts in this topic

I have only just aquired the level of gear required to start running raids in LFR but am, to an extent, unhappy with my level of DPS which may well be down to my current gear as a Fire Mage.

Sgiandubh

My Rotation consists of:

Passive Pyroblast cast using PoM maco

Lviving Bomb

Inferno Blast - if Heating up is active

Pyroblast! - if up

Combustion

Spam Fireball until any of the above come of cool down or proc

I always cast Invocation before a boss in order to achieve the buff.

Now I know my gear could be better, which I am working towrads (I hate those trinkets) but I have used AskMrRobot to optimize my gear as much as possible.

In LFR I achieve int he region of 42k+ DPS but feel my DPS suffers slightly from the fact that I seem to burn through the mana now more than i ever have and have to stop regularly in order to cost another invocation, albeit this then refreshs the damage buff that coems with it.

Is the DPS reasonable based ony my current gear or is there something I am nto doing that will make a difference?

That dps is reasonable at your gear level. Make sure you are prioritizing Evocation to keep the buff from Invocation active, that should help with the mana issues also. Also make sure to prioritize Pyroblast! over Inferno Blast. If you had a pyro proc and a heating up proc before you used the Pyroblast! You would lose a Pyroblast proc by not casting it before you Inferno Blast.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chumani
      Inevitable Destiny   (H)Corrupted Destiny guild Skywall/Drak'thul US realm😎 JOIN US!
      We are currently 8/8 Normal Uldir and 2/8 Heroic Uldir  -- Kickin' ass and hell with their names!
      1st  raid - Sun/Tues/Thurs 600-830pst
      2nd raid - Fri/Mon 530-800pst
      We ARE one of Skywall's largest and oldest standing guilds! Very active with a large player base. ALWAYS something going on, mythic dungeon runs, normal runs for alts, Island Expeditions, Arathi Highlands Warfront, PVP events.... always something!!!
      Come experience the reason a guild as old as CD continues to stand and stand strong year after year after year! Come...... and get.... CORRUPTED!!!
      Chu#12466 or Deni#1743
    • By Rheshi
      Currently in need of a non-druid TANK and RANGED DPS, ilvl 340+ for heroic/mythic progression. 
      Latest recruitment updates always posted here WoW Progress (however, exceptional players outside of our specific needs will always be considered). Casual players welcome as well!
      Progression Raid Schedule: Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday. 7:30PM-10:30PM Eastern (server time). Casual members welcome!
      Contact: GM - Rheshi#1686 (discord & realid), Officers - ArcaneSyntax#11616, Theeos#1868, or Dennang#1899
    • By Verrin
      The Fever Clan Is recruiting more mainspec healers and dps for our raid group. We are a Horde guild on Mal'Ganis. Our raid schedule is Thursday and Friday 8pm to 11pm server time (9pm to midnight Eastern time). We also welcome anyone who wants to join our groups to push mythic keys or individuals just looking to hang out. We are also part of The Fever Gaming community which holds weekly events in various other games. Feel Free to check out our site at www.TheFeverClan.com. If you would like more information or want to join please contact myself or Decimous.
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our OTK Mage deck guide.