FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
jomondo

Rogue back from the dead (2008)

This is my characters armory page http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/farstriders/Omac/advanced

I use to be a Hemo spec rogue and mostly PVP'd a ton. I got up to

the lieutenant general rank. 

I have to relearn the game and my class so I was hoping some one could point me to a build that would help with leveling in PVE. I'll eventually figure out PVP on my own.

I'm not looking or a win win build, just some thing to keep me from dying every 5 seconds. 

thanks for the help.

Sub Hemo is not great for leveling, and since dying is your problem, you probably aren't looking to pull a lot of mobs at a time. I would choose Assassination spec, talent into Nightstalker for stealth speed on quests, Combat Readiness for defense on elite enemies, Elusiveness for use of Feint on everything, Burst of Speed or Shadowstep (your preference), Prey on the Weak (when you get to 75), and Marked for Death (when you get to 90) (very strong when your targets are dying quickly and often).

Also be sure to take the Deadly Momentum glyph to help keep your Slice and Dice + Recuperate active between kills.

Mutilate may be slow, but it hits hard. Pay attention to Blindside procs and enemy health so you can use Dispatch as much as possible. Envenom is your finisher, but Rupture grants you bonus energy, so you can make a call on which one you'll need in a situation. When questing my priority was Slice and Dice (kept up with Deadly Momentum), 2-3 combo point Rupture for energy regen, then Envenom until the mob dies.

Krush, Sub while questing is really good, since things tend to die really quick. Also, he has PvP experience, so he can use it in the PvE scenario, controlling adds, focusing main targets and so on.

Lv 90 you can pretty much kill everything with an opener + double Eviscs back to back with MfD.

But yeah, if you can't get a restealth, Mut is easy and works out like a charm. (and weapons can be used on Sub too!!)

I didn't like Sub once my gear matched my level. Mobs weren't dying to Ambush/Ambush/Evisc anymore and it just felt like a Hemo spam rotation. Assassination at that point for me was faster and more reliable from mob to mob, and didn't rely on stealthing.

Well, strange. I still was mostly one shotting things ~98. I had heirlooms tho.

It was fun for me because I could play some "PvP" with the mobs and I'd be PvP ready if anything popped out on me (which was common). While leveling, I found Rogue quite OPish to duel with people due to the outrageous damage I was dishing, nowadays... Eh.

Tho it was frustrating on stealthing - there was some kind of bug (not sure if still is around) that if I CCed (Sap) one and killed another, I'd remain in combat, even if nothing but the dead mob hit me, I'd either have to Vanish or run off zone to reset it.

Thanks,

Actually coming back after 4 years isn't too bad. I just ran out to northrend and started killing stuff until I became comfortable with my rogue. 

Then after about 2 days I started adding skills to my action bar. I went with "SUB" my old favorite.

My Rogue is still fun as hell.  oh and having a never ending SnD is nice. 

So thanks for responding, I'm looking forward to reading what this forum has to offer.