CaptainMorgan

What is "good" dps at a certain gear lvl?

Sign in to follow this  

9 posts in this topic

Just another lock struggling to keep up on the dps charts in Heroics right now and getting a little bit frustrated. Virtually every Dungeon and Target dummy I practice my rotation on I max at about 30k dps. Im not sure if this is decent at ilvl 446 or I need to work on my rotation (which is a pretty basic and common destro rotation).

armory: http://us.battle.net...ofdoom/advanced

rotation: CoE, immo, conflag,(dark soul) chaos, conflag, incin till ember up, conflag, chaos and so on. aoe is always situational.. Thanks in advance for any input.

your dps is fine with that ilvl.

HCs are rubbish for judging your DPS since you have a ramp-up time and most mobs are dead within seconds. Also, you are probably comparing yourself to people running the HCs with 470+ ilvl as a lot of people still do them for the valor points.

• Like 1

your dps is fine with that ilvl.

HCs are rubbish for judging your DPS since you have a ramp-up time and most mobs are dead within seconds. Also, you are probably comparing yourself to people running the HCs with 470+ ilvl as a lot of people still do them for the valor points.

Thanks for the reply.

After looking over this site a bit more I found a slight flaw using chaos bolt after conflag. switched it up and got 32k on a dummy

i have SUR Hunter and only get about 17-22 on questing trash. i can get it to spike real easy and get a bunch more but mainly 17-22k am i all jacked up?

i have SUR Hunter and only get about 17-22 on questing trash. i can get it to spike real easy and get a bunch more but mainly 17-22k am i all jacked up?

This is a warlock forum, not a hunter one. And how much DPS you get on quest mobs is meaningless.

• Like 1

This is a warlock forum, not a hunter one. And how much DPS you get on quest mobs is meaningless.

Very true. I only see 22-25 on quest mobs.

The main reason behind my post is that I used to top dps in groups all the time in the BC and WotLK days then took a very long break from the game, now I come back and I always suck in comparison. A 460 gear lvl monk tank in my guild slays me in dps. figured I was doing something horribly wrong but Locks just aren't up there in PVE anymore.

Very true. I only see 22-25 on quest mobs.

The main reason behind my post is that I used to top dps in groups all the time in the BC and WotLK days then took a very long break from the game, now I come back and I always suck in comparison. A 460 gear lvl monk tank in my guild slays me in dps. figured I was doing something horribly wrong but Locks just aren't up there in PVE anymore.

I wasn't commenting on your post. But locks definitely ARE up there in terms of PVE right now. They're one of the strongest PVE classes in the game. You mentioned dungeons, are you talking overall or bosses? DPS on dungeon trash is meaningless. Tanks often have high damage on trash

Tanks have a passive ability called 'Vengance' - basically means, the more/harder they get hit, the harder they hit back.

Dont let it scare you; on single target, tanks will go back down to a reasonable DPS.

446 gear isnt really anything special. From this point forward it won't talk a lot to be hitting 50-60dps though.