FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Troels

Hammer of the Righteous, when to use?

As the title says. When do i switch to Hammer of the Righteous instead of Crusader strike? Right now i'm switching whenever there's 2+ targets like on Twins, or Brackenspore (when add spawns). But i've seen a lot of logs with other retribution paladins who's not using it on those fights.

I'd like to know a bit more about AoE too

Ok so at 3 or fewer targets you are using Crusader Strike, not Hammer of the Righteous. So how exactly are you AoEing there? Are you rotating through each of the targets with CS or focusing CS on one target and cleaving on to the other(s) using Glyphed Exorcism and Judgement so as to keep Censure up on each target?

Thanks

Well at 3 or more targets you should be switching anyway to keep Censure up, provided they're close enough together. Whether you focus CS one or switch to CS each in turn doesn't affect your dps in the slightest. Your first priority in a 3 target situation is to get 5 stacks of censure up as quickly as possible on to each target.

You need at least 3 targets for hammer of the righteous to out-dps crusader strike, so don't use it on twins.

So would you recommend glyphing Exorcism and single targeting one of the bosses?

Its actually 4 targets for HoR, and glyphing exo is pretty much up to you, but it isnt a huge damage increase since they are always running apart. Its nice to have but it is also nice to have another ranged ability.

Double jeopardy is far better, especially with the frequent movement of you and the bosses, risking damage loss because you can't exo the boss when you have to dodge fire can make a difference.

ok ty

So then what is the targeting for the bosses when they are together? I take it since you advise using Glyph of Double Jeopardy that you are switching between the bosses rather than just single targeting one. But do you want to keep Censure up on both?  I ask because they share a health pool so damage to one is shared by the other meaning I'm not sure whether there is a point to switching between the bosses other than to use Glyph of Double Jeopardy

What about DS? Shoud i use it every time it prock or wait till FV buff. Couse if i FV with DS prock there is 25% chance it will prock again(DS) and i lose previous prock.

What about Tectus Myth? When fight starts i use my standart rotation, when adds come(not tectus shards) i focus small one and cleave big one+boss with DS. Shoud i wait DS prock here or just rotate FV-DS-FV cast? Soud i use SoR here or stay with SoT, small add die fast so i got only 2 target stay alive for some time.

When Tectus die, and 2 shards rise from sand + tectus boss with 20%hp and 2 adds, shoud i switc to HoR from CS, seems i got 5 targets, but they often spread and it wont hit them all. Shoud i use DS with prock without FV buff here? Again, SoR or SoT?

Last phase - 8 shards + 2 previous shards + 2 adds. I start use DS procks every time(even without FV buff), rotate FV-DS, using SoR and HoR. Here i got it.

What talant better for AoE - Avenger or Divine Purpose? If i use my DS prock often, so i think DP better, what you think?

HoR and SoR 8m radius calculated from paladin or his target?

Always use DS when running FV after you've got the proc, it's immensely stronger in every sense. SoR is, in my opinion most optimal at 4+ adds, where with 3 you can keep Censure rolling at 5 stacks on all of them, also sticking with the alternating rotation of FV-DS-FV is best for mythic tectus once you have 3+ adds up.

Once Tectus goes up to 4 adds start using HoR and SoR. But you need to always make sure you're using DS with FV buff up especially if you are running DP which is best for Tectus.