FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nomikai

WW weapon enchant

As a dual-wielding WW monk i think about enchant on our weapons.

i question myself about putting multi on the main hand and crit enchant on the off hand rather than  multi on both weapons

When i look on many log i could see that:

Multi: One weapon: +/- 35% uptime

Crit: One weapon: +/- 40% utptime

I also think about the haste proc but, there is more fight whith single target or little cleave, so i don't think that could be a good option.

So fellow WW monk, what are you thinking on that topic ? 

Double frostwolf or frostwolf/thunderlord ? 

Edited by Nomikai

I am dualwielding two heroic weapons with 2x Frostwolf. Working quite good, imo. Multistrike is so sweet. Haven't tried with thunderlord, though. Interested in knowing if going Frostwolf/Thunderlord will result in a dmg increase. 

Is your guild posting some log? or maybe did you use some addon, i thing know how your uptime on frostwolf was, could be a good thing

Edited by Nomikai

Running sims of this with my own monk as a template:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Kuber/simple

2x Frostwolf: 27153 DPS.

Frostwolf/Thunderlord: 27215 DPS.

Frostwolf/Warsong: 26761 DPS.

Thunderlord/Warsong: 26785 DPS.

(for giggles)

2x Shattered Hand: 27276 DPS.

2x Warsong: 26356 DPS.

Frostwolf/Thunderlord gives a bit higher DPS than 2x Frostwolf, not much though.

Curiously enough, 2x Shattered Hand gives the highest. Not that there is much difference between that or 2x Frostwolf or Frostwolf/Thunderlord, probably goes within margin of error but still

Edited by Earithrandil

Hardly found some people with 2 frostwolf: +/- 40% uptime, can't know if they reach the 2 stack, si i assume that sometime it's the case, and not really a gain

Edited by Nomikai

Is your guild posting some log? or maybe did you use some addon, i thing know how your uptime on frostwolf was, could be a good thing

Can be seen on logs from such as warcraftlogs or world of logs, and also in sims

Curiously enough, 2x Shattered Hand gives the highest.

Hope that is not what ye are supposed to do, because i don't want to use that crap, and also have already spend my 30 shard ^^

Edited by Nomikai

Hope that is not what ye are supposed to do, because i don't want to use that crap, and also have already spend my 30 shard ^^

I doubt it is as good on non-Patchwerk, it probably has something to do with lack of AP scaling (multistrike and crit scales at least indirectly) so Frostwolf and Thunderlord will probably (hopefully) pull ahead later.

Having 100% uptime on the boss will ensure the DoT to have higher uptime, which in turns gives it the highest possible DPS. Frostwolf and Thunderlord are more "bursty" which in theory would make them pull ahead in fights where we can't DPS the boss all the time, as we can line these up with CDs. But that's just my theory.

I do believe Frostwolf and Thunderlord to be better, but I'm not sure in which combination

I ran with sims with both Frostwolf MH and thunderlord OH, and vice versa and there was no difference in DPS.

After the hotfix 2h seem to be just a bit better though, so I guess this all becomes moot soon :D