FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ChaiNspliT

I'd love to get some feedback on my Frost DK Log.

Hey guys =).

This won't be a thread about me complaining, as a headsup.

I rather want to ask a more skilled Frost DK to "analyze" my latest Log (which was in fact, one of my best ones, since I usually end up on the 2nd/3rd place right after my two IRL friends Polarraupe and Senor).

As of now, I don't have any clue how to analyze my logs or compare them to get some feedback (I appreciate any help on that matter aswell). That's why I'm asking here.

Said Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JhRqZWxjTmXgtfMG#source=5&type=damage-done

Just in case, my Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/garrosh/M%C3%A1dara/simple

Thanks in advance, for any help!

EDIT: I've got a question aswell. Sometimes, during more hectic phases, I end up capping RP and that's where I'm unsure, about how to proceed. Usually I start spamming FS, but whenever I see a proc, I'll switch to Obliterate, even though I'd be capping/over-capping again.

Now my question: Is that the correct way to do it, or should I ignore my Obliterate procs and first clear my RP-bar?

Greetings

Edited by ChaiNspliT

EDIT: I've got a question aswell. Sometimes, during more hectic phases, I end up capping RP and that's where I'm unsure, about how to proceed. Usually I start spamming FS, but whenever I see a proc, I'll switch to Obliterate, even though I'd be capping/over-capping again.

Now my question: Is that the correct way to do it, or should I ignore my Obliterate procs and first clear my RP-bar?

Greetings

Wondering about that as well. Wether it's ever worth it to use procs on frost strike when at 85+ RP

Your log says it's a private guild log.

as for frost strike vs. obliterate vs. RP vs. KM procs.

My average obliterate hit is 23.5k and my average obliterate crit is 52k

Average frost strike hit is 13.7k and crit is 27.6k

If you're RP capped with a KM proc your choices are either obliterate and lose the RP, or frost strike and gain less from the proc. the math is pretty easy we take the difference between the damage gained from the obliterate crit, subtract the dps you gain from a frost strike crit, and then also subtract the wasted frost strike . so 52k - 23.5k - (27.6k - 13.7k) -13.7k all the frost strike stuff actually cancels out and you're just left with the frost strike crit. so the simplified formula is (Obliterate Crit - Obliterate hit - Frost Strike Crit) For me I gain 900 damage (not dps just 900 damage) by obliterating with the KM proc and wasting RP instead of using the KM proc on frost strike. So it's a very minor difference. We can add in more complex math like the chance of a rime proc from the obliterate, or the chance of a RE/RC or your 2 BT charges on the frost strike but I'm willing to bet those mostly cancel out also. This math is also assuming you're 100% RP capped though. if you're at 95, 90, 85 RP the gain from obliterate will be more because you won't be wasting a full frost strike from capping. So I'd say your best bet is to always obliterate with a KM proc even if you're RP capped.

Your dps is better than mine. Your butcher log is nearly flawless as far as I can tell. your crit is insanely high, 70% on obliterate and 50% on frost strike. You probably used a few KM procs on frost strike in order for those numbers to be so close, but even if you missed on a few KM procs 70% + 50% is a very high combined crit rate.

Your disease uptime is good, soul reaper and defile are both perfect. plague leech useage is almsot perfect.

You didn't use a second pot. that's honestly the only thing I can pick out of your butcher log that you could have done better.

Tectus looks the same. almost everything is perfect. your Obliterate vs. Frost Strike crit% seem like they're closer than they should be, but overall your crit is a lot higher than mine, so it's difficult to judge. You still had a pre-pot, but no second pot, but I can't find anything else that you should do differently.

I'm honestly... stunned. That's insanely great to here, especially from you.happy.png

I really appreciate your time looking over the log!

And I just asked a friend about the second pot-part and I actually didn't knew about it.

A big thanks for the hint! =).

Edited by ChaiNspliT