FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Phobia253

Having some issues with DPS

Not sure why my armory is being dumb, but my character isn't being found. 

Oh well for now i'll explain whats going on.

Basically I feel like I should be doing a lot more damage then I am right now. My Ilvl is 631. I have 640 head, neck, ring, body and 630 weapon and 646 shoulders.. All my enchants are multi-strike. I have 21% Crit and 11% Multi. 

I have tried both Surv and MM, I find MM gives me higher burst (Of course) I go up to 22k and slowly start to fall all to around 17k. 

Surv climbs up to about 15k (On dummy and 16-17k on dungeon boss) and usually sits around there. 

I run FS and ToTH on Surv and Lone Wolf and ToTH on MM, as well as the normal talents like crows and GT.

I know both rotations and I believe i'm doing them about 90% perfectly. There doesn't seem to be a time that I let something sit uncasted for more then a second if that. I'm dumping Focus when I near cap as MM and use AS on surv inbetween CDs.

All and all as far as I can tell I do not let anything sit off CD for more then a second, everything is being used correctly as far as I can tell but I can not figure out why my DPS feels so low. Is this normal DPS for my gear? 

I could log a fight but even then it's just a dungeon fight, my guild hasn't started raiding yet and I feel a dungeon won't really provide a good log nor will a dummy.

Edited by Phobia253

Dungeons would be ok, but jump into an lfr and log that, would be much better/more accurate.

I would love to know how u never keep anything off CD. And how you manage your focus. (Im a new hunter)

I would never say i'm perfect theres always room for improvment and I will never be the top hunters. But I do feel like I grasp the idea of understanding how to manage CDs and resources. 

The way I do focus (Could be wrong or right) But I make sure everything is on CD and while everything is on CD i'll toss 1-2 AS to dump a little focus and then throw in a FS to ES as it comes off CD, go back to dumping focus and then back on to FS > ES and then of course as more CDs are approaching like ES, BA, Crows, GT i'll prep 2 FS if need be to make sure everything goes off and then go right back to AS > ES and doing an FS for focus for ES.

I'm still not 100% on FS I do some times over cap focus with it. But the main thing I do is making sure CDs are not sitting around for 2 or more seconds (I try for a second)

I'm prolly not the best person to be asking that question though. After all I am here asking for help on my DPS that I feel is far to low. 

Edited by Phobia253

I would love to know how u never keep anything off CD. And how you manage your focus. (Im a new hunter)

If you are talking about MM, the only real CD you have in the shot priority is chimera shot.   Ideally, when you play MM you want to keep your focus rather high (Without capping obviously), and dump when you proc ToTH.

For survival you have to make sure to use Black Arrow and explosive shot.  If you have focusing shot, then you try to keep focus as low as possible.  If you have LW you are practically focus starved the whole time.

It gets more complex than that obviously, so you will want to read the guide.

Edited by Minigun