FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sonick

657 Feral with terrible DPS?

Not sure what's going on other than I've only been playing a druid for 2 months now. My dps is just terrible. Can someone help please? I may be in my tank gear on armory, hopefully it's showing my dps. 

Armory

Logs

Edited by Sonick

I think it's odd that you're Prowling during Incarnation. Incarnation causes your abilities to hit as if they were from stealth, and using Prowl causes you to stop attacking. But I don't think that's a large factor here, perhaps just an indication that you don't fully understand the way your abilities and cooldowns interact.

Use Incarnation and Berserk together on pull. You used them at a different time and that really hurt you. Using your cooldowns right away allows you to start the fight with a Rake that triggers a Savage Roar, and to spend your first CP's on a FB followed by a Bloodtalons-powered Rip and Rake refresh.

Savage Roar uptime was only around 90%. Get that to 100%.

In a 8 minute fight, you could have gotten two more casts of Tiger's Fury by not delaying it.

I'm looking at your Butcher log, since it is single target and easiest to evaluate.

Your opener is a bit off (not bad though).  You waited to use Inc and Berserk until after you applied Rip.  You should be using Inc after the first shred then at the end of that gcd, pop Berserk.

You aren't quite understanding the proper use of Bloodtalons.  Many times, you casted HT right after performing a finishing move.  You want to try to save using your PS proc until you have at least 4 cp's so that at least one charge will be used on a finisher.  Your 11 casts of FB had 0 BT charges on them.

Rip/Rake uptimes are a bit low, try keeping them as close to 100% as possible.

It looks like you didn't get a pre-pot in.  That will significantly increase the potency of your opener!

allows you to start the fight with a Rake that triggers a Savage Roar, and to spend your first CP's on a FB followed by a Bloodtalons-powered Rip and Rake refresh.

No. You want to use your first combo points on Rip, your second and thirds ones (probably, based on crits) on Ferocious Bites, and the 4th ones on a BT-empowered Rip.

I think it's odd that you're Prowling during Incarnation. Incarnation causes your abilities to hit as if they were from stealth, and using Prowl causes you to stop attacking. But I don't think that's a large factor here, perhaps just an indication that you don't fully understand the way your abilities and cooldowns interact.

Use Incarnation and Berserk together on pull. You used them at a different time and that really hurt you. Using your cooldowns right away allows you to start the fight with a Rake that triggers a Savage Roar, and to spend your first CP's on a FB followed by a Bloodtalons-powered Rip and Rake refresh.

Savage Roar uptime was only around 90%. Get that to 100%.

In a 8 minute fight, you could have gotten two more casts of Tiger's Fury by not delaying it.

You're right, I didn't realize I would get the SR boost from Rake without being in prowl. Although, my first CP's would be used to apply an initial rip correct? I have been trying to not use TF if I had about 60 energy, should I be using that on CD regardless of my points or energy that I have built up?

I'm looking at your Butcher log, since it is single target and easiest to evaluate.

Your opener is a bit off (not bad though).  You waited to use Inc and Berserk until after you applied Rip.  You should be using Inc after the first shred then at the end of that gcd, pop Berserk.

You aren't quite understanding the proper use of Bloodtalons.  Many times, you casted HT right after performing a finishing move.  You want to try to save using your PS proc until you have at least 4 cp's so that at least one charge will be used on a finisher.  Your 11 casts of FB had 0 BT charges on them.

Rip/Rake uptimes are a bit low, try keeping them as close to 100% as possible.

It looks like you didn't get a pre-pot in.  That will significantly increase the potency of your opener!

Do you mean wait until Inc wears off for me to use Berserk? I was of the understanding that I should ALWAYS use them together. I didn't understand how BT worked... I thought it was efficient to cash HT as soon as PS proc'd in order to get BT going immediately. I will make sure I save the proc until I have 4-5 CP's unless it will run out before having that. Yeah, I changed my action bars around a little bit and put my prepot in a really bad place so I didn't get it in on all the fights that night. Are their any good macros to use for feral or can you help me on which rotation is best for opening the fight? I've been casting HT with about 5 secs on pull timer, then prepot 2 secs before pull, open with a prowling rake, shred to 5 CP, cast rip, then I Inc/BT and shred until 5cp for FB. That's pretty much my rotation keeping Rip, Rake, and SR up as much as I can. I often find myself having SR and Rip expiring together at some point in the fight as well as sometimes not having enough CP's to refresh one of them. I know that's what's causing me to not keep 97%+ uptime on them. Only druid specific addon I am using is badkitty. Don't understand weakauras2 and can't find a string for 6.0.3 for it. 

No. You want to use your first combo points on Rip, your second and thirds ones (probably, based on crits) on Ferocious Bites, and the 4th ones on a BT-empowered Rip.

So would I use a BT on rip even if rip wasn't ready to expire?

I was refering specifically to the opener, where you with your cooldown cycle want to use your first 5 combo points to apply rip (which won't have BT since you can't have procced it yet), then your second and third sets of combo points on Bites, and your 4th set will happen at roughly 7 seconds remaining on Rip, preserving the remaining duration and getting a BT-powered Rip rolling.

Do you mean wait until Inc wears off for me to use Berserk? 

No.

If you put Inc and Berserk in the same macro you are wasting 1 gcd of Berserk.  What I'm suggesting to do is hit Incarnation and immediately after it cycles through its' gcd, then hit Berserk.  This gives you an extra second with 1/2 off abilities.

New log after taking y'alls advice. I was finding myself energy drained and not always able to have 5 combo points ready for Bloodtalons. Any advice on that? Here is tonight H Imp log

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gmqN1dcVfxjHawLv#type=damage-done&source=56

I had that problem too. The thing you wanna do is try to wait to use a finisher until you have almost full energy. That way once you use it, you can get 2-3 attacks in before having to wait again. They key is to wait after you use healing touch. Blood talons lasts like 30 seconds which is more then enough time to pool energy pre finisher. Post finisher of course you want to burn to get combo points up for healing touch cast, but once cast you can wait as you need. It may seem to be a dps loss but the way feral works you are fine its what you are supposed to do

• Like 1

I had that problem too. The thing you wanna do is try to wait to use a finisher until you have almost full energy. That way once you use it, you can get 2-3 attacks in before having to wait again. They key is to wait after you use healing touch. Blood talons lasts like 30 seconds which is more then enough time to pool energy pre finisher. Post finisher of course you want to burn to get combo points up for healing touch cast, but once cast you can wait as you need. It may seem to be a dps loss but the way feral works you are fine its what you are supposed to do

Very well said, and precisely what I was about to post. Much respect to this poster and his to this poster and his advice, that is exactly how you handle this problem.