FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
maximillion

Resto Druid Throughput analyis vs. similiarly geared druid

Hi,

I'm analysing logs at the moment trying to see where I'm losing HPS. I've used warcraftlogs to find a druid at a similar gear level that is pushing much higher average numbers than me to try and see where I can improve.

I have two logs, from mythic Twins. Maximillion is my character and Bearwyn is the test example. Rotations seem similiar with some improvments on my side on uptime. However, throughput is much lower on my toon. Using Mushrooms as a base, here are the two comparisons:

Bearwyn: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TvR6qLDcZPxwzXH2#fight=2&type=healing&pins=0%24Main%24%23a0a0a0%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%24107314868.0.0.Druid%24false%24100977&source=18

Average Hit: 4,603, Max: 8,235

Maximillion: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JDdxQW6jpFR8rynb#fight=13&type=healing&pins=0%24Main%24%23a0a0a0%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%2480016532.0.0.Druid%24false%24100977&source=50

Average Hit: 2,763.2, Max: 6,914

Harmony is up most of the time and nether druid has many other extra buffs. Bearwyn has about 200 spellpower more and greater haste, but I wouldn't think that would translate into a difference of ~2k a tick.

Any ideas or suggestions greatly apprecriated.

Those numbers are actual healing taken [ie all the overhealing is deducted from it] taking the fight in general you have almost double the overhealing he has purely because you have too many healers (or 1 more than they have)

140k HPS throughout the raid is overheal and your healers on average are putting out 30k

EDIT: Granted some overhealing is avoidable, but from a pure "stats" point of view, your raid actually overhealed more than the 4 healers actually healed [excluding the priest] in the other link you posted the raid overheal was identical to the druids output

For actual HPS the easiest way to increase it, is to run with as few healers as possible or to pre-hot when you know damage is incoming

From "Raw Healing" his average from mushroom is 6382.1 and yours is 6133.4 so your much closer if you ignore all the overheals

TLDR: If you want a proper comparison you need to find someone who is also 5 healing (and has a similiar healing setup to you) e.g. 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WM74Dnzr3B1JHfCv#fight=6&type=healing

I didnt see an armory link for you or the other guy so cant comment on gear/build etc Gratz on the Mythic progress though :)

Edited by Brady84
  • Like 1

Ah yes, when switched to raw healing, I can see the numbers are much closer and it's down to the overhealing clipping. We felt we were struggling with one less healer, but the number don't back it up when you look at the logs.

Thanks, we'll change the raid composition and see how it goes.

But the number don't back it up when you look at the logs.

Thanks, we'll change the raid composition and see how it goes.

Its a hard sell sometimes I've went from 3 healing 19man to 4 healing 16-18 alongside another 2 druids, when your 1-shotting bosses nobody cares that your HPS is crap because your overhealing so much, dropping healers will make the fights faster/easier provided you have the throughput, but on the flipside there is a lot less room for human error (and your much more likely to wipe if something goes wrong) 

If my maths is vaguely right dropping a healer for similar geared DPS [25k] would have made your fight ~25s faster [so 25s less damage to heal or ~ 7% or so extra mana per healer] + you'll gain 5k+ HPS a person due to dropping a ton of overheal

Edited by Brady84

We have plenty of flexibility right now as we're tuning the team for mythic. The HPS doesn't matter as long as we're killing the bosses, but DPS is tight also, so less healers will always be thanked ;)