FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Drkdragon

Imperator Mar'gok DPS help [Affliction]

So my guild started to bang our heads on this boss last night and I really don't feel good about my performance. 

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/icecrown/Lewstelamon/advanced

Warcraflogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZzxNajApDF9GHdnL#type=damage-done&fight=17&source=2

We started with ranged at the door so my opener is a little slow. I think I am going to push to start to the right of boss next time so we can open up on dps right away. UA uptime could be a little higher. But I think my overall dps should be a lot higher.

Feel free to be brutally honest!

-Lewstelamon

I would recommend you to go destro for this boss.

As affli u can't really profit from multidotting the arcane adds cause of there low uptime and theres lots of aoe  in wich affliction is actually the worst warlock spec.

If u anway want to stay affli u should go sb:haunt and try to keep the buff up.

Finish adds with drain soul to get some extra shards.

Multidot the warmages and the Reaver during transiton.

Use the  imp as a pet cause of all the movement.

In your logs your pet had a 100% uptime on mar'gok even if he was immune, so have an eye on your pet.

Edited by sicxx

In your logs your pet had a 100% uptime on mar'gok even if he wasn't attackable, so have an eye on your pet.

I did just notice that. Will need to be better are reassigning him during intermissions.

Feel free to be brutally honest!

-Lewstelamon

To be brutally honest, we have a special "Help my dps" thread exactly for questions like yours.

biggrin.png 

@sicxx literally nailed on to every my point. Not much to add. 

We struggle at Imp aswell.

Everything that I can add is pretty much fight advice.

Take KJC, and move through Force Nova. Every time, regardless of phase. Less damage taken = more chances you don't die.

And Destrucitve Resonance. 

Don't blow it.

Really.

Don't.

Incredibly high death rate in your tries. Don't die regardless of reasons and you will kill him.

Good luck!

Affliction just cant hack it on this fight, it isn't good at swapping to the arcane add. Luckily, destruction is!

Precasted havoc + havoc + shadowburn is 3 free embers worth of damage from each arcane add, triple shadowburn havocs from each ogre add phase. Maybe even some shadowburn sniping on the explodey adds. Destro has a lot of ways to pick up big damage this fight. 

I roll affliction on normal imperator because, well its normal. I'm one of the people that just cant play destro very well and love affliction. In any case... I am at ilvl 646 and am pulling about 18-19K consistently on MarGok (sometimes dropping to 17k if my dot uptimes drop slightly). At this time I was not running SB: Haunt, but I am definitely going to give that talent a try this week as on Butcher it was phenomenal and I think the same would be true here. Plenty of adds to snipe for shards if we have to.

Also, the comment from Sicxx offers great advice with the pet management problem. I personally suffered from that as well until I read his post. Thank you!

Also, new enchant on that weapon if you plan on keeping it? (Mark of Bleeding Hollow) but you will probably soon upgrade from MarGok or Tectus

I roll affliction on normal imperator because, well its normal.

This is the exact attitude that makes later difficulty attempts hard on players and makes content feel harder than it is.  Approaching every difficulty as if it's the hardest one will make you a better player.  Don't play a subpar spec just because you can.  This would be a fantastic time for you to practice a superior spec that you're less familiar with. 

• Like 1