FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
CyaSteve

Maximizing FS for MM. For me it seems LW > FS every time.

Right now I pretty much exclusively run LW+TotH but I've seen people say that FS is a technical DPS increase.  Now I'm by no means a bad hunter but I can't wrap my head around how this works out.

I'm going to provide 2 logs (one Heroic, one LFR) for Ko'ragh.  The Heroic version I was first one to soak and I did way better than I did on LFR where I literally just scumbag dps spammed.

Maybe it's just me not understanding the way to spec it or the way to tie it in with mechanics but like I said for the LFR parse I literally just stood still as much as possible trying to treat the fight like a raid dummy.

For MM, LW+TotH is better than FS+SF.  For SV, the opposite is true.  Anyone who says FS is better for MM is wrong.

Edited by Orthios

For MM, LW+TotH is better than FS+SF.  For SV, the opposite is true.  Anyone who says FS is better for MM is wrong.

That's what I thought as well, just wanted to put it into practice ^.^

Technically the sim says FS+SF MM is higher dps, but I hate it.  It feels unbelievably clunky, and I have serious doubts whether you would actually see these gains in an actual raid.

According to the sim I see a 700 dps loss with the LW build, but I doubt you will see that 700 dps gain most of the time.

Edited by Minigun

Well.... I would have my sims for deciding LW vs FS done by now, but simc decided to close and stop simming my MM profile(s), and all that was left was vers scaling.  Oh well, another 720k total iterations until its done (36 talent combinations for MM and SV @ 10k iterations each).  I know that FS+SF > TotH+LW for SV, by a good 700 dps, and that the difference between SF and TotH with FS was ~200, but MM results were not done yet, so waiting on those.

They are literally so close together that if you miss one or two focusing shots you would've been better off choosing lone wolf.

• Like 1