FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
AwkwardSquirtle

Stat Priority Question

OK, so I have gathered from a bit of reading that the secondary stats are pretty close for Demonology, which I main, but haven't been able to find a lot about primary.

I am unsure as to whether some gear with greater intellect is an upgrade when it loses me a lot of Mastery. Roughly how much intellect is equivalent to how much mastery?

I am unsure as to whether some gear with greater intellect is an upgrade when it loses me a lot of Mastery. Roughly how much intellect is equivalent to how much mastery?

I have heard from random sources that you should take the item if it is a large upgrade (10 ilvls or more)...I am not familiar with stat spread sheets so I have not taken the advice offered in the video linked below...Maybe you will get more from it than I did...

WoD - Do the Math!

Edited by DerpmanCometh

I tried to watch it so I could reply, but I got sick of his endless babbling. 13 min video with 2 min of content annoys the hell out of me.

General rule (for warlocks and for *most* classes) is that if it is >=10 ilvl higher then what you have now - it is an upgrade. Regardless of secondary stats.

This changes slightly if your current item has a gem socket and your new item does not. Personally if my current item has a gem and it well itemized then I'll hold off on upgrading it until I find something equally awesomely itemized that is >=10ilvl higher or I find something less well itemized but is >=12-15+ my current item.

Secondary stats weights are VERY close together in value for *most* DPS classes, and with the removal of breakpoints, we are at the point where the major value of your item comes from the int/str/agl and not from the perfect secondary. 

• Like 2

OK, so I have gathered from a bit of reading that the secondary stats are pretty close for Demonology, which I main, but haven't been able to find a lot about primary.

Our common idea is to bank mastery as a main stat for every spec, as most of us are intentionally swapping specs depending on fights. Mastery is good for all 3, so that's the reason.

The Locky said it right - 10 ilvl more is an upgrade regardless of stat. You don't want to end up with a bunch of versality, tho.biggrin.png 

If you are still unsure about the effects of your item upgrade, take a pencil and paper  calculator, dig some stat weights on AskMrRobot and count in manually.

AMR can work for SkyNet. Don't trust him blindly.

• Like 1