FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
kinztz

Multi-Spec Raiding / Gemming / Enchanting

Currently from my understanding there are several fights where both sub and combat will excel on from a min/max standpoint and assassination on ogrons, however for the sake of only being able to bring two specs to a raid ill focus on sub/combat.  Feel free to correct me anywhere I am wrong obviously.

My current understanding is that Sub shines on Kargath, Butcher, Koragh.  While combat will shine on Tectus, Bracken, Ogrons, Imperator.  While the difference isn't massive between all the specs you can still maximize dps by swapping between the specs on these fights.

However the downside between swapping, especially early on in the release of the content like we are currently in where (not all) people have multiple sets to equip for each spec.  Since the statistic priority is different between the two.  For instance haste being extremely strong for combat, however not quite as useful for sub.  The closest middle ground to focus on between the two specs seems to be multistrike, since it is strong for both specs.

My question to those who might be a bit more experienced than I am thus far is, how are you prioritizing gear/stats/enchants?  Do you find that enchanting/gemming multistrike is the way to go for a balance since it is a primary stat for sub and up there with haste for combat?  Do you focus haste and lose a bit of dps from enchants/gems when going Sub?  Is it worth it to just simply focus haste and not swap to Sub at all due to not being able to optimize gear and just use combat on everything?

Basically... as someone who is willing / interested in playing both combat and subtelty, how are you going about it?  What combination of things are helping you push your character the furthest currently?

I just play Sub for every fight. I played Combat for a while since we had a lot better luck with those weapon drops, but now that I have my Daggers I can avoid it.

My reasoning is simply because I don't enjoy Combat or Assassination at all; I find Sub a lot more engaging. I'd recommend mostly going by which weapons you can get - Combat's single target got buffed a couple days ago so it's a little more relevant, and Sub's 2 target cleave (which almost all of the multi-target fights are) is just as good as Combat.

The itemization is a lot better for Sub in Blackrock than Highmaul anyways, so if you enjoy the spec you don't really lose anything by playing it. Mastering one spec is probably more beneficial than constantly swapping anyways.

Id like to stay sub for everything, however I feel like I get overwhelmed once the need to constantly cleave arises.  I can do the single target/2mob cleave etc quite well.  Once it starts to expand past that I feel like I just lose control managing all the CDs + the extreme amounts of combo point generation.  Everytime I try and convince myself to take it easy and get it down, I just convince myself that I could be doing it as combat with a lot less effort.

The only time I can think of where you cleave an excessive amount of mobs is Tectus phase 3, assuming you do all 8 motes at once. 

I guess if you end up on the spawns during intermission for Imperator (there are better choices for it) or up top on Kargath (also there are way better choices) then you get more, but everything is 2 targets or less. Bracken is just boss + Big add, Twins is obvious, Butcher is single target as is Ko'ragh unless you catch his adds running past and can get a quick heap of cp's.