FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valiumz

Blackrock Foundry Spec

Hi guys,

What are you going to play on Blackrock Foundry ?

I was wondering if it was better to prioritize Haste/Mastery (for affli/ demono) or Crit Mastery (destro/demono), since Crit just came better than Haste on Demono. Or maybe Mastery  then  Crit=Haste so you can "play" every spec.

I don't really know the fights yet so what spec do you think are going the be the most played and how will you optimise your gear ?

I don't really know the fights yet so what spec do you think are going the be the most played and how will you optimise your gear ?

I probably play all 3 specs a bunch of times on progress, same I have done in Highmaul.

As such I will aim for Mastery on every piece and not care too much about the rest, but if I can I'll likely aim for Mastery > Haste to go well with shorter fights once everything is on farm, where Affliction tends to pull ahead.

I don't think we will see less parses of Destro in BRF. Playerbase is just tense.

Never seen any beta videos or something, so I won't make an encounter suggestions.
Banking mastery and playing everything, that's the plan.

I'll begin with Demo, glyph Lifedrain and take Lifedrain talent. Those constant heals, Demonic leap and having singletarget, AOE and some snap burst altogether are clear winner for me. Can cover anything that pops up, yknow.

Edited by Paracel

Play the spec that most benefits your groups' attempts at bosses.  Why is this a question?  Learn all 3 specs to maximize your individual performance.  Period.

Play the spec that most benefits your groups' attempts at bosses.  Why is this a question?  Learn all 3 specs to maximize your individual performance.  Period.

OP might be like me, historically very min maxy about stat priorities and attaining the proper gear etc. WoD has been a big change in the sense there isn't really a way to optimise your stats, considering one item pretty much drops in this tier. Your only real optimisation comes from gems and enchants. 

I'm slowly coming to realise that a lot of people are just stacking mastery and then swapping specs. Personally find that difficult, when my sims keep showing Crit for example as the really #1 secondary for Destruction. I find it hard to just, well , go mastery. 

I tried Demonology out last week on our normal farm clear and was SO off the mark of Destro it was disgusting. A lot less forgiving spec and probably needs brushing up on my part. 

I'm starting to understand the concept of just streamlining mastery and then going through the three specs to see what I feel, but I guess its a tough habbit to break, where since WOTLK there has been very clear and defined paths to go down. 

i find it funny the stats are not close like they intended to be. I remember before the xpac dropped, the idea was, secondary stats are too close to matter it doesnt matter what you stack. Now, already, there are obviously clear paths you need to take depending on your spec, which is only made difficult if you swap a lot.

They should honestly just get rid of the crit, haste, and mastery and come up with some way that they would change based on your spec. Like a universal stat that would make that particular spec stronger.

-- and come up with some way that they would change based on your spec. Like a universal stat that would make that particular spec stronger.

You mean something like... Mastery?

Didn't Liquidsteel say that sims showed enchanting crit over mastery only showed him a few hundred DPS increase? Seems like the stats are close, which is why you can enchant Mastery for Destro and Affliction without too big a loss. Blizzard sais the goal was to make the stats closer, they never said they'd be perfectly even across all specs and all classes.

Exactly, if they wanted all stats to be even, they wouldn't have added attunements, gving each spec a percent bonus to a special stat. As it stands, stats are close enough that ilvl/set bonuses are always more important than what stats are on the gear.

Given that the current op state of demo goes all the way to BRF launch, demo on almost everything. Destruction when not demo. Mastery build with HIGH crit.

Given that the current op state of demo goes all the way to BRF launch, demo on almost everything. Destruction when not demo. Mastery build with HIGH crit.

Here it is again, one of those statements that I can't seem to validate from ANYWHERE that it is true, or even close to true..

Can I ask how you've come to that statement?

I'm not being smart or a dick, I'm genuinelly interested. I've kinda given two fingers to everything, as I got sick of trying to dig through all the different opinions and stuff over the last two months, and I've just gone with my own simcrafting etc. 

I don't see anything on my end to indicate Demonology is "OP" or even any tangible percentage ahead of Destro. ( at my ilvl and raiding level) 

If there was tangible data to show clearly the statements I frequently see like the above, I'd drop Destro in a heartbeat. 

OK on my above post, I've only seen what appears to be the latest Simcraft data, and Demo up near the top with Mages. So I guess I see the data now. I still don't consider it tangible in that its BIS mythic running 100% efficency, but that looks substantial enough for me to drop Destro and run Demo, and to re-enchant mastery etc.

Until they nerf it anyway , that looks very unintended 

Gahhda does basically everything to make Warlocks work in Simcraft. If he's saying something, that's likely where he got it from. Dude doesn't throw values around lightly.

• Like 1