FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
iaiwestwind

Fury Warrior DPS lacking

I know that you guys don't want just Ilevel and why does my DPS suck, but all I have right now is my armory. I will try to make a log in the next raid tuesday night.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Iaiwestwind/simple

Basically what I am asking is this, Strictly on an average basis with the current gear I have what SHOULD I be averaging. I seem to struggle to get anything higher than about 14k. Even fights like butcher where I just stand there and smack him, i can't do better than about 13k-14k. I use the rotation and build specs listed by icy viens and I am assuming that I am doing it correctly for the most part. I am obviously not perfect but best I can tell hitting correctly 95% of the time. I do have one point of confusion in the rotation. Where it says to use RB at 2 stacks, do you use both right away or just one? Essentially only using one whenever you have 2 stacks? I have tried both using one and saving the other and blowing both immediatly and I don't seem to see any DPS difference.

Without any logs it's hard to tell, but make sure you're watching your enrage uptime and only use berserker rage if it drops (if you have 2 non-crit Bloodthirsts in a row). And i don't see any difference between stacking RB to 2 stacks or just using the right away either.

Have you tried using sudden death talent? i find that to be the best of the 3.

And always make sure to pool rage if you have a streak of bad luck and you can't get enrage, only dump rage if you're about to cap or you're enraged.

That's all i can say without any logs.

You need to change your bonus armor trinket, if you can afford it skull of war. Second you need to buy 200 tome of clear minds and change out ravager for AM in high mobility fights, you need to keep bloodbath on instead of bladestorm unless there is more than 3 targets. Never use second wind either enraged regeneration or impending victory, I prefer IV because both are 30% on a minute CD but it is more versatile and gives you an ability to use when everything isn't up. Make a macro for on pull so you can use berserker rage and get free RB stack and recklessness and bloodbath for single target fight. Other than that in aoe fights use WW to make raging blow aoe, you have a decent weapon(I only have 2 630s) I hit 35-40 k on pull and drop to 18k over the next minute. You need crit more than anything, without crit your basically useless without crit buff in raid you need 25% as a goal to achieve max DPs, you need to have every piece of gear crit. Crit>mulistrike>versatility=>mastery>haste. Other than that just pay attention, you should be able to pull 17k with your gear,goodluck.

Yeah, i switched back to sudden death. As far as the bonus armor goes....I started out as Gladiator and of course blizz nerfed the piss out of that in no time so I am back to Fury. I do try to use Anger Management on high movement issues. I also switch bladestorm and bloodbath out regularly depending on fight mechanics. I will try to get some logs posted after tuesay's raid so you can have a little clearer picture.

Seems like you need to use wild strike way more. Don't only use it when its free, use it if you have rage. The only other thing you spend rage on is raging blow which usually comes from a bloodthirst which means you'll have the rage for it instantly, and sudden death procs are free. During execute phase only use execute. Make sure you use strength flask and pots too. My DPs sits closer to 20k after 3 minutes then drops to 17-18k sustained, the class is basically full on RNG and only way to ensure DPs is with crit, you'd be amazed at how much DPs a little crit gives.

OK, so more wild strikes, I can do that. On the raging blow then, do you use it as soon as it procs? Because im a little confused by the icyveins rotation where it says to use it when you have 2 stacks? I mean is the idea to get 2 stacks then blow them right away or maintain 2 stacks so that you always have atleast one available? Because the rotation later on says to use it if you have nothing else. And the execute phase, should I use execute as a rage dump to maintain 70-90 rage or just spam execute till I run out of rage, then rebuild the rage pool-rinse and repeat? I am assuming during execute to use wild strike and raging blow when they proc, however?

I see lots of places that say maintain rage, but I just dump it instantly so during execute phase spam execute until you can't, then bllodthirst and mellee get rage do it again, if you get wild strike procs during execute phase only use them when you can't execute anymore and your empty on rage use raging blow instantly always, even when not in execute phase, I try to not let mine stack because it gives me an idea of how often I get enrages, plus if you keep 1 and then get lucky with two quick enrages you might waste 1 so I just hit it instantly. Also make sure to stack your second strength pot, second recklessness and possibly bloodbath,ravager for bloodlust or other haste buffs, your logs showed you at 16.5k DPs which isn't great but its better than 14k. I see lots of warriors dropping out and switching to another class because of trouble with DPs, just stick with it and it'll get better, be sure to try new things even if that means get a new rotation by hitting target dummies just get comfortable,maintain DPs uptime, and perform.

I have a huge monitor and no custom UI so the only thing I can look at is my ability bar and that's all I need to look at to know what buttons to press, but rage numbers mean nothing to me and I have such small control over my health due to low mitigation and low healing so try focusing on your abilities only.

Great news, Thanks to the suggestions you have put here plus some gear/talent changes I saw a solid increase last night of about 6k on average. I was able to hold 19k-20k for pretty much all the fights. I will post logs as soon as my RL gets them logged. Thanks for the help, take a look when they are posted and see if there is anything else I can do to fine tune further.

THANKS!!!

Westwind

No problem glad I could help, good to see your DPs go up. Now to work on mine a little bit more lol. If anything changes in the future or I discover any new strategies I'll be sure to let you know.