FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
qawsican

Prot Paladin Hit/Expertise Question

Hi there, I've been hearing about the new mitigation system for Prot Paladins with Shield of the Righteous, and that Hit/Expertise is favorable over Mastery until a certain point. I've been told many different numbers as to which I am suppose to cap these two stats at. Some say I should have both Hit and Expertise at 7.5%, and others say I should focus more on Expertise. Any help would be great. Thank You.

Hi there, I've been hearing about the new mitigation system for Prot Paladins with Shield of the Righteous, and that Hit/Expertise is favorable over Mastery until a certain point. I've been told many different numbers as to which I am suppose to cap these two stats at. Some say I should have both Hit and Expertise at 7.5%, and others say I should focus more on Expertise. Any help would be great. Thank You.

Hey!

You are right, Hit and Expertise are very valuable for Protection Paladins now. We advise three different gearing priorities in our guide's stats page, depending on what you prefer. As you can see from of these, Hit is somewhat more valuable than Expertise, and your goal is to get 7.5% Hit and 15% (yes, that much!) Expertise, before focusing on other stats (either Mastery or Haste). The third option is go for avoidance over Hit/Expertise, but this makes the damage you take very spiky and takes away your control over your active mitigation.

Let us know if you have any other questions :)