FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Rabbidpikey

Starfall - To Glyph or not to Glyph

evening Folks....

Thoughout this expansion i have had my Starfall glyphed but  people keep telling me not to... So after further research i can't find a definative answer.... What are peep's opnion?

Rabb

If You can manage Your starfall - DO NOT USE IT. If You feel this is hopeless case - glyph it and forget it. 

Personally I think that this glyph is EVIL. It just cripples a boomkin, and who could do this on purpose? So I do not use this glyph, yet I've had some trouble early in expansion by pulling groups of trash in dungeons. After a while i got sense of distance for my starfall and managed to get myself in a good position to use it. Saying that I can't remember when was the last time I pulled something I did not want to pull. 

Please realise that the glyph is going to swap in functionality in 6.1

NEW: Starfall now only hits dotted targets. When glyphed it hits all targets.

In my opinion, starfall should always hit all targets during a raid encounter. This way you always have damage going on the targets, even if you didn't get a chance to dot it yet.

Of course if you need controlled damage then you would make sure it only hits your dotted targets.

IMO: always hit everything, situational to only hit dotted targets. When the glyph only hits dotted targets, it can be a dps loss since it's just ignoring those targets. There is no star cap or amount of damage it does any more. It just does damage over the duration.

Please realise that the glyph is going to swap in functionality in 6.1

NEW: Starfall now only hits dotted targets. When glyphed it hits all targets.

Yeah, I got scared while reading patch notes when it was simply stated that Starfall will only hit dotted targets.... And then bunch of lines later - a savior glyph! :D