FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Painstrike

Practice Dummy DPS

Hey guys so I was just wondering, based only on attacking the practice dummy in Ebon Hold, assuming just self buff and whispers of insanity, how much dps should a frost and unholy DK do respectively?

Right now I'm pulling an avg of 17.5k as frost and 14.5k as unholy in 650 gear. I would try to see how much i should be doing in simcraft but idk how to set it up to show a practice target dummy and don't know where the whispers of insanity buff toggle would be. 

Maybe someone can help me also with simcraft use. I also don't know how to disable the use of str pots in the buffs section, seems like it's just automatic and can't be changed by normal means

I also don't know how to disable the use of str pots in the buffs section, seems like it's just automatic and can't be changed by normal means

At least with this part I may help.

After you loaded you character, you are moved to a text based screen (in the tab "Simulate" -> subtab of your character) which basically shows you your character setup.

In there you will find something like this:

actions.precombat=flask,type=greater_draenic_intellect_flask

you can delete it or comment it out of the config by #:

#actions.precombat=flask,type=greater_draenic_intellect_flask

this way the flask is not used.

For your whisper of insanity:

I did not find a real way to trigger the buff, but a possibility to "simulate" the buff might be:

enchant_strength=100

(100 is the amount from the buff)

And doing so for every stat (though I am not sure how you can adjust the other stats by exact name).

I put that line beneath the "actions.precombat" block.

Edited by Malkavianic

For your whisper of insanity:

I did not find a real way to trigger the buff, but a possibility to "simulate" the buff might be:

enchant_strength=100

(100 is the amount from the buff)

And doing so for every stat (though I am not sure how you can adjust the other stats by exact name).

I put that line beneath the "actions.precombat" block.

Pretty sure he tooltip is wrong & it only effects Your main stat [str/agi/int] and stamina, it does nothing to the rest of your stats, its also "broken" in that if you try to use a +250 stat flask while its active it doesnt let you because "a more powerful buff is already active"