FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Assen

Resto - Simulation and Spell Formulas

Hi everyone!

To get better at C++ programming I have decided to create a simulation tool for resto shamans.

The basic idea I have is to model a raid and have a damage model that deals damage to the raid in a certain way. I will also model a resto shaman that casts heals to the raid as I would have done myself. I will then be able to determine things such as HPS and how each of our stat affected the total healing done.

The project is as I said mainly created to get better at programming. I will decide later if the tool is actually useful or not smile.png .

However, when I decided to model my first healing spell, Healing Wave, I ran into some problems and I hope someone can help me.

According to wowdb, http://www.wowdb.com/spells/77472-healing-wave, the healing done of Healing Wave sould be

Heal = 4.125 * SP

This formula times our benefit from Restorative Waves (30%) should make a Healing Wave heal for

Heal = 4.125 * SP * 1.3

On my shaman I have 5084 SP which should result in a Healing Wave of

Heal = 4.125 * 5084 * 1.3 = 27262

However ingame testing shows that I heal myself with Healing Wave for 27370 at 100% HP.

The difference is not huge but it is bugging me a little bit. What am I missing here? Does our mastery have an effect even if I'm at 100% or is the formula on wowdb wrong?

I could make my own models of all healing spells by just gathering data and fitting a curve but it would be so much easier if I could just take the formulas from e.g. wowdb.

Thank you!

Hey Assen!

Please keep us updated on your project, it sounds really useful and interesting to play around with. I'll provide whatever support I can with theorycraft. :-)