FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Medekwr

Best spec for bosses in HoF + Terrace?

There's a lot of differing opinions on what is the best spec to play for each boss in HoF normal and heroic and I was just wondering does anyone have any valid arguments for which spec is best on which boss.

I realize Terrace isn't prominent in everyone's mind right now but same question as above.

Thanks!

To be competitive, you need to be Affliction when you simply DPS. For Zor'lok I play Destruction only because of the mind control mechanic. We suffered on this boss numerous times in Phase 2 for the mind control because the only way I could effectively break people out was dotting them up. The problem here was when the healers dispelled UA, they got silenced. Bad news. This turned out to be the only mechanic that wrecked us, so I went Destruction and took a hit in personal DPS but it was quite easy to break people out of CC when I would put Havoc on one, Chaos Bolt the other, then Conflagrate them both, each once effectively breaking their CC. It kept everyone else on the boss and it reduced the time needed to break people out and reduced the chance people would die from too many debuffs. When I got picked for CC, I had group stun focus me so I couldn't kill them with Chaos Bolt and then broke the other person out once I was broken out. Also, using Will of Unbinding doesn't break the CC effect, but it DOES reduce your HP by 20% making your raid spend less time breaking you out. Very useful. I'll be doing a guide for these two raids when I get some more experience in there.