FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Krazyito

[Druid] January 12th tuning Hotfix.

Resto: 5% nerf to Rejuv, but buff to haste overall. This change pushes haste higher up in value than mastery. You're still going to want to get both, but in general haste is clearly better. (here is a good write up to quickly explain haste vs mastery atm) 

Balance: slight haste buff as well as slight base mastery buff. The only thing this changes is it pushes haste slightly closer to crit and pushes mastery down closer to crit, netting the same mastery > crit > haste priority, but now they are much closer in value.  This does not change anything from before and higher item level peices are still better in most cases.

Guardian: slight haste buff, nothing really changes. Thrash inital damage needed by 50%. Not like it wasn't called for, but 50% seems excess. Thrash definitely needed to be toned down and the nerf will see a larger impact on fights such as Tectus.  Rotationally, things don't change, you just do less initial damage with Thrash. 

Feral: small haste buff, no real change. Rejuv healing nerves by 5%. Overall: no major changes. 

• Like 2

edited out my rant, sorry I was very frustrated. I picked up some mastery gear so now that I'm at 1100 haste I am dumping the excess haste I had into mastery.

Edited by gonlaz

Feral: small haste buff, no real change. Rejuv healing nerves by 5%. Overall: no major changes. 

I'm sorry, I think you are misunderstanding how serious this is. Since we don't use haste for our healing, we have been struct in the way nobody else has. Feral has been targeted by the full armament of the Blizzard nerf team, and we need to fight back before they nerf our healing further. We are already the weakest of the healing specs, we need to act before it's too late and we lose another 5%.

Edited by Bradykin

Since we are valuing haste higher for resto would it makes sense to be gemming/enchanting for haste as well? I understand this can be situational based on how much you have vs. the other. So in part I answered my question but are there safe numbers to aim for? I'm used to playing caster dps so resto is fairly new to me.

Well, when we are talking about 'prioritizing' haste, its usually with regards to enchanting / gemming. 

Your gear you want go with as much haste/mastery as you can get.  If it only hase haste or mastery, it depends what the other stat is.

Usually if you feel that your having trouble with your mana then you want to go more mastery than haste.  In the end, the values are so close together still, its doens't make that huge of a difference.

The biggest differnece you'll see between haste and mastery is with how much healing your Tranquility does, which will depend how much overhealing it does (more overhealing go haste, less overhealing do mastery)