FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kulia

Survival DPS help

So, I think I'm doing okay with my survival hunter.

But, I just did a 6/7 normal highmaul with mostly one-shots and a couple of attempts on Imp and I think I might have areas to improve on but I don't know where they are! 
To note: I got a neck at Tectus, which bumped me from 649 to 650 but it hadn't been enchanted yet(but was a huge upgrade).
Logs

Armoury

Edited by Kulia

First off your talent choices are wrong.

Barrage is not a gain on single target, neither is lone wolf.

Change to Thrill, Murder, Glaive and Focusing Shot. You'll do massive amounts more.

First off your talent choices are wrong.

Barrage is not a gain on single target, neither is lone wolf.

Change to Thrill, Murder, Glaive and Focusing Shot. You'll do massive amounts more.

Who are you and what you have done with Niix?

Are we somehow back to two months ago, when GT was a DPS boost? And why would that even matter, seeing as there are 1.6652 purely single target fights in Highmaul?

Simcraft results for Kulia's gear. (uses Barrage only when no TotH proc).

As for LW vs FS, I dunno. 900 potential DPS isn't something I'd call "massive amount", I'm a bit on the fence which one to use myself. 

Who are you and what you have done with Niix?

Are we somehow back to two months ago, when GT was a DPS boost? And why would that even matter, seeing as there are 1.6652 purely single target fights in Highmaul?

Simcraft results for Kulia's gear. (uses Barrage only when no TotH proc).

As for LW vs FS, I dunno. 900 potential DPS isn't something I'd call "massive amount", I'm a bit on the fence which one to use myself. 

Your link is broken :(

and personally,  I don't use FS because I don't like the playstyle, I've tried it and I found it really hard to get used to and it's not something I like, so I'm using LW completely aware that it is *potentially* a small DPS loss. 

Your link is broken sad.png

Works for me, but I have reuploaded it as picture for you:

2d9tt8g.jpg

Maybe it doesn't work for you because your browser isn't Google Chrome?

Edited by Iridar

Works for me, but I have reuploaded it as picture for you:

2d9tt8g.jpg

Maybe it doesn't work for you because your browser isn't Google Chrome?

Definitely using chrome so no idea why it doesn't work(edit: okay NOW it works, ofc. Chrome just *HATES* loading things for me, because it definitely didn't work the first few times I tried clicking it >.>). Then again, my version of Chrome is always being finicky with me(it is up to date, so it's not that, it's just the fact that Chrome hates me sad.png ). But thanks for the reupload. 

Had no idea that the DPS-gain from 90 talents was so small, I knew it was small, but I didn't know how small it was for me since I didn't know how to sim that. I find it odd that GT comes ahead with LW and falls behind with FS. Maybe it's due to the fact FS allows for more focus to use barrage with, whereas LW has the focus cost for GT better. But, by the looks of it I could just drop my 90 talent and be fine (with LW anyway) which is *REALLY* weird, lol.

Edited by Kulia

This is my gear.

UJS2v5g.png

Not sure what causes it to become better but..

You do have GT in the APL right?

You do have GT in the APL right?

Yes. Literally lowest priority above AS without Thrill. I could be wrong however, let me change it up and resim this, because I would love to be wrong here.