FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Glorfinmad

Brewmaster help

Howdy,

I'm BM for a guild that is progressing through mythic. We've hit a wall at Brackenspore.

Here are our most recent logs,

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1Djz4dMv7JgPfQ69

Here is my armory,

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Area-52/Glorfintank/simple

I need advice on what to do in Brackenspore. Rot is kicking my ass. I'm using diffuse magic during the breaths, but what do I do about rot? I know my damage is not optimal at the moment, but for the time being dying is my bigger concern.

Can anyone shed some light on what I can do to optimize my damage taken in general, and to keep rot from being such a beating specifically. Thanks!

Also: If anyone wants to look at Kargath and Twins and offer any advice I would love to hear it.

Use guard more. The way I do it when I brewmaster is always keep one charge of guard on CD. (providing the charge is being used on something useful) Shuffle uptime could go up a little bit. Use expel harm on CD *IF* it's not going to overheal. Same with chi-wave. And make sure to *ALWAYS* have one chi up to INSTANTLY purify high stagger. I tend to purify stagger as much as possible, obviously purifying on the high-end of light stagger and above over everything else. Letting your stagger sit for long on orange or red can be a lot of damage that could be avoided.

And if Rot continues to be a big issue, just simply switch from diffuse to dampen and guard every breath. (unglyphed preferably since Brackenspore melees quite hard and unglyphed guard still absorbs magic)

Edited by Kulia

Chex is your friend. Extra damage on the small adds if they are in range and extra damage on the big add + free purifies. 

Zen Med will eat a few ticks of the breath also so using it + a Guard is about as good as using a Defuse. 

Seeing as how you have two disc priests in your group I'd definitely recommend ensuring you are getting a PW:S from one of them for breath, as it is an absorb so it won't be affected by the healing reduction this is why guarding before breath is also quite useful mitigation. This can help save a charge of guard for those tight moments if you are tanking the add with high stacks and rot stacks. I would also try to get your gear enchanted with the higher stat versions if gold allows as this will obviously be an increase to your damage/defense. Also I'd advise going with a more mastery oriented build, with the loss of agility giving us critical strike and our overall low gear levels early in the expansion we don't get a whole lot of critical strike and tends to be more unreliable at these ilvls. I'd also say run double tank trinkets if available, I'd advise inv_misc_trinket6oog_2heads3.jpgPol's Blinded Eye and inv_misc_trinket6oog_stonefist2.jpgPillar of the Earth. The on-use of Pol's will be great for the hard hitting add tanking, especially when it is at higher stacks (6+) as well as the bonus armor from Pillar of the Earth, while the stamina and versatility will help greatly with the unavoidable magic damage the encounter throws at you. I'm sure much of this is already known but ensuring you have Brackenspore tanked on the healing mushroom during infesting spores you can still stand in the edge to get the heal for yourself as well as the haste buff from the blue mushroom when using that one. This is a really heaving healing and hard hitting fight for tanks, luckily monks are prepared with a wide array of tools to help mitigate much of the mechanics pretty efficiently as well as having discipline priests in the mix as absorbs are fantastic for tanks here. Just communicate with your healers for breaths and high stack rots/add tanking, it'll go down with practice and patience. Good luck and happy raiding!