FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
uhhwateva

Question regarding DS and Shard of Nothing usage on Affliction

As the title suggests, I'd like to know when the optimal times of usage would be for Dark Soul and Shard of Nothing. Would it be best to stack the two? I've heard that stacking haste buffs is not worth it, and it is better to spread them out, but I'm not sure. I've been staggering them such that I'd DS and at the end, use a Shard proc, following that up with another DS to keep a minute of haste increase but I'm not sure if this is optimal or not.

Please could someone who knows the math elaborate on the best timing to use Shard and Dark soul with respect to one another? Would my Mark of Warsong and Archmage Incandescence procs also affect the timings?

Thank you

Edited by uhhwateva

As the title suggests, I'd like to know when the optimal times of usage would be for Dark Soul and Shard of Nothing. Would it be best to stack the two? I've heard that stacking haste buffs is not worth it, and it is better to spread them out, but I'm not sure. I've been staggering them such that I'd DS and at the end, use a Shard proc, following that up with another DS to keep a minute of haste increase but I'm not sure if this is optimal or not.

Please could someone who knows the math elaborate on the best timing to use Shard and Dark soul with respect to one another? Would my Mark of Warsong and Archmage Incandescence procs also affect the timings?

Thank you

Don't worry and stack them. Also, spice up with Haunt debuff and channel Drain Soul as long as you can while buffs are active. 

You want to have haunt+haste buff together. 2 haste buffs split = 4 haunts needed. And you don't have this much of shards

Our gameplay point regarding buffs is this - time buffs with procs and fit as much damage buttons in those windows.

Don't know about Incandescence mechanics, but as for me, weapon enchants are a bit chaotic to track in terms of proc chance/ICD, so i don't bother. CD is pretty low and effect is hardly worth this much for me.

Hope I've helped you. Good luck!

I track everything, because getting ring plus mastery proc is still fairly decent and worth spending a spare haunt or chaos bolt on.

But yes, stack cooldowns as much as possible. Haste cooldowns actually multiply off of eachother, or something, so yes.