Lockdupagain

Destruction Warlock Talent Breakdown

1 post in this topic

Hey guys and gals, its lockdupagain... Again. We are going to be going over the talents for Destruction, a very hard hitting burst spec for locks. This is my RBG spec, I do not use this in arena, but thats my personal preference. There is alot of hard casting going on, so staying mobile is the key to this spec. Here we go!

Tier 15 Talents- Just as I said in the demo guide, there is only one logical choice in this tree, but we will review anyway.

Dark Regeneration- Instantly restores 30% of you and your pet's health increasing all healing received by 25% for 12 sec. This is great when you have a healer, as they can get you to 100% real quick. This is the talent I take in all situations, except one.

Soul Leech- Many of your spells (CB, Incinerate) give a percent heal of the dmg. I have heard arguement, but having control over your heal to use it when you need it is key.

Harvest Life- Drain life, but AOE style. As demo this is good, however for destro not as much, there is no demonic fury to build up, thus making this less of a choice.

Tier 30 Talents- This is a situational tier. Lets review.

Howl of Terror- AOE Fear. What is great is that when you take a dmging attack the CD is lowered by 1 sec. This is not so good when you have a fear immune team, aka Priest Warrior.

Mortal Coil- 3 sec "fear" that restores 15% of your max HP. With a 45 sec CD this is not one you want to take.

Shadowfury- AOE 3 sec stun. This is good against teams that are fear immune and make HoT useless. However, if you are running with a Warrior or Rogue this can DR their stuns.

Tier 45 Talents- this is pretty clear cut choice, and here is why.

Soul Link- When active all dmg and healing between you and your pet, yada yada yada... Check it out If you use Grimoire of Sacrifice this gives you something like 70k more health I do not have the hard numbesr, but as soon as I get them it will replace this. I run into RBGs with 420k+ HP. Which is nice.

Sacrificial Pact- Your Demon sacrifices half its current health to shield its master for 200% of the sac's health, lasts 10 sec. If you have no demon, your health is sacrificed instead. This is not good, as you should have sac'd your pet for the dmg boost (more on that in the 75 tier).

Dark Bargain- Prevents all dmg for 8 sec. When the shield fades, 50% of the dmg is delt over 8 sec. This can backfire, as a warrior or hunter or mage bursts on you, you still take half the dmg as a DoT, and whatever else they are putting out after the shield fades.

Tier 60 Talents- This is cut and dry, Blood Fear is the only way to go.

Blood Fear- Turns your fear into an instant fear. Thats super OP, no juking, not BS jsut a fear when you need it.

Burning Rush- Drain 4% of max HP a sec to increase movement speed by 50%. This is just not good, and thats all I can really say.

Unbound Will- Its a second trinket, this is cool, but its not as useful as an instant fear imho.

Tier 75 Talents- There is only one.

Grimoire of Supremecy- Have upgraded Demons, its cool, but you lose out on alot of single target DPS this way.

Grimoire of Service- Summon an extra demon for 20 sec on a 2 min CD, just not worth it imo.

Grimoire of Sacrifice- Now we are cooking with gas! Sac your pet, gain an ability from them and your single target spells get a 25% dmg buff, but wait thats not all. If you pick this talent right now, we will throw in 2% of your max HP every 5 sec. Seriously, this hurts. I know that people are worried about 5.1 making the extra 25% dmg from CB a DoT, but please believe me when I tell you that this is not a nerf. This is going to cause pressure, plus incinerate still hits 25% harder, its just the CB dmg that is a DoT. Still going to be very powerful come 5.1.

Tier 90 Talents- This is pretty cut and dry due to the mobility issues of hard casting.

Archimonde's Vengeance- Make an enemy take 25% of the dmg done to you for 8 sec, Passively anyone that attacks you takes 5% of the dmg. This is good, but better for other specs.

Kil'jaedens' Cunning- You can channel and cast while moving for 6 sec. The Passive effect is what makes this talent king for Destro. You can cast and channel while moving increasing the cast time by 50%. All I am going to say is a haste stacked Destro lock is something serious. Being able to hard cast while moving is great. If you stop the cast time returns to normal, it only slows while you are moving. I stop and go alot to get casts off as I need to. Getting off a clutch CB and moving while doing it is just unmatched.

Monnoroth's Fury- Increases AOE by 500%. This was good when 3 stacks of Rain of Fire would stun, now that it has gone away, its not really good, unless in an RBG situation where you can sit and cast.

Thats the Destro Talent Guide. I hope you all find it useful. I tried to cut to the chase more with this one, and not make it so long. If you want the wall of text because you love my witty, dry sense of humor let me know and ill go back to that format. If you like the readers digest version I'll keep it like this one. Glyph Guide coming soon!!!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids and onwards. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids. The guild formed late March 2016 and fully cleared 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel pre nerf shortly after. We've since been improving our world ranking every tier.
      We currently raid 3 days per week on Mythic: Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:15-22:15 server time. While it is not a lot we try to make the most out of our time. We run optional heroic/normal/alt/previous tier raids during off days in which raiders are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with only a 9 hour per week schedule so you are expected to attend and be ON TIME! However we understand things can come up sometimes but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons/world quests to improve your gear and artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared(i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding and a good, stable internet connection.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools, Weakauras2 and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.

If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 Azkey#21565
      To apply please visit our guild website: http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/recruitment
      __________________________________________________________________________
      Requirements to be considered into current main raids:
      - 920~ ilvl
      - 52+ traits.
      - 3/9 in ToS.
      - Exceptions to the requirements may be made..
      _____________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Death Knight: Blood.
      Druid: Guardian and Balance.
      Hunter: MM/BM.
      Monk: Brewmaster.
      Rogue: Open.
      Warlock: Open.
      Any and all applications will be considered.
    • By Dredd
      <Return With Honor> H7/9 weekday 6pm-8:30p EST raid times. Monk Tank and Druid heals needed. We also have a reward system where you can receive game time & game store items paid for by the guild. If interested pst me. Also visit us at returnwithhonor.shivtr.com
      Who Are We?
      Originally established in Tichondrius-US during the WoD expansion, Return With Honor is a guild lead by military veterans who are also veteran players of World of Warcraft. We offer great conversations, crude humor, active environment, and a home for individuals looking to be apart of a tight nit group. We also have a guild point system used by our members to earn great prizes like in-game items(gear, pets, mounts, etc) and game time. These points can be earned by staying active on our guild website, volunteering to assist the guild, and being involved in any guild groups.
      RAID SCHEDULE
      Alternating raid weeks
      (Varying days scheduled a month out)Tues, Friday, Sunday and Wed, Thu, Mon: 6:00PM-8:30PM EST
      We expect everyone to be prepared and ready to go 15 minutes before raid time (5:45PM EST) to start pulls at 6:00PM EST. We get Saturdays off every week.
      https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/emerald-dream/Return+With+Honor
      RATED BATTLEGROUNDS
      The RBG schedule varies on a week by week basis. Multiple groups will be formed to accommodate mostly everyone.
      Guild Events
      Guild Events are held every week with prizes for members to earn like high ilvl BOE gear, gold, pets, and mounts.
      If interested please contact Hoodxd or myself by in-game message or mail
      contact me at #ActionJack11202
    • By MarcHethrusWaters
      Maximum Effort is a new guild on Cenarion circle (A). I was the raid leader for my guild for a long time and we built up a strong raid team. Due to do some dis-agreements between me and the guild leader I was forced to leave. But luckly enough a lot of my team followed me! We're working to build a guild focused around team work and group progression. We love doing mythics, raids, talking and theory crafting about the game!
      We have a very strong-core raid group, capable of clearing heroic and doing some mythic but we're just missing a few people to round it out!
      Raid nights.. Tue/wed 6-830pm server (9:30-11:30 est) Off night Monday 6-830pm server (9-11:30 est)
      Looking for.. -Any and all dps specs
      - Non pally or holy priest healer!
      All raid mats and needs are covered by guild, we run personal look just for the ease of it.
      My btag is Hethrus#1504 if you have questions or wish to try out!
    • By Treylawny
      <Trust> may be what you're looking for if you enjoy killing internet dragons with a group of like minded players! Currently we are 8/9 Heroic, soon to be stepping into Mythic ToS. We are recruiting to finish rounding out our raid team. <Trust> is located on the [US] Doomhammer/Baelgun pve servers, alliance side! Check us out!

About Us:
      <Trust> is a recently formed guild, founded by a group of long time players that have been raiding together for a couple of years now. Founded out of a desire to continue raiding in a casual-progression manner, we work towards defeating mythic bosses. <Trust> is a raiding guild, first and foremost.

Our Raids:
      <Trust> maintains a progression-oriented 2-day semi-casual raiding team. That's 'semi' as in we expect our team members to always prioritize life first; but not 'casual' as in we take downing bosses less seriously. We strive to maintain a balance of taking our progression raids seriously while having plenty of laughs along the way.

Raid Schedule:
      Tuesday & Thursday: 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)
      Friday(optional): 5p – 8p server (8p – 11p eastern)

Recruitment:
      <Trust> is looking for full time Resto Druid, Mages, Hunters, and Warlocks for our raid team. We are also open for good people to join as casual players, pvpers, with the option to join farm content or alt raids.

More Info:
      Feel free to reach out to us:
      Recruitment Officer:
      In game - Treylawny
      Battletag - Treylawny#1813

Guild Lead:
      In game – Oleic
      Battletag - Jarg#1591

-OR-

Website and Application: <Trust> (US)Doomhammer/Baelgun
      (The app is quick and painless as its used primarily to get your name to us quickly!)

Discord is our way of communicating during raid; also used for casual chatting!