FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
iriecolorado

Demo Glyph/Talents for Highmaul Encounters

Haven' seriously played Demonology since WoTLK.  Now that it's the FoTM spec for the class I thought I'd spin it up and give it a shot.  I have a solid grasp of the fundamentals, but I'm looking for some Highmaul advice from some seasoned Demonology players.  Specifically, what talent/glyph changes do you make on a per-encounter basis in Highmaul and why you find them useful.

Related question... Is glyph of dark soul a good call? I assume so because you could have it up for every demonbolt burn phase, but I thought the same thing with destro an was wrong

DS glyph is basically a mandatory one.
You stack fury pretty much for those 60 seconds (~faster/slower is covered by AD)
Idea is to dump your Demonbolts with as much damage buffs as possible.

DS glyph is bad outside of Demo because your other spells actually scale well with DS' effect.
For Demo - you just have nothing to cast during the remaning 10 seconds.

Glyphs now matter for a very small amount.
Glyph of healthstone is mandatory because it's an bonus effect for free(for glyph slot)
You want your second glyph to be DarkSoul, i've explained it. Guide aswell.
Third slot - probably the one that heals you from corruption ticks. Not much, yet still something.  Or Lifedrain glyph if you take Harvest Life tier 1 talent.

@iriecolorado, only real difference in talents right now is either saving abilities, taking KJC or not and 100 lvl talents.
First tier - whatever you find comfy. Soul leech is nice, Dark Regen is nice and Harvest Life finds it's uses.
Second tier - Shadowfury. Numerous usages in Highmaul - bunch of adds who needs stunning are everywhere - Koragh and Imp to be named a few. It's also the only one that actually works in this tier.
Third tier - SacPact is all-star. Soul Link is very subpar. Dark Bargain has it's usages, in mythic for example (Shoutout to Halcyon @Liquidsteel's Butcher kill, check that video out.).
Fourth tier - Burning rush. The only useful here. Nothing to talk much.
Fifth tier - all three are fine. GoSup is stable, GoServ is cooldowny burst and GoSyn is proccy. 
I use GoSup for the gameplay clarity.
Sixth tier - pretty much AD for all Demo along. Backs up your DS cycle and opening rotation.
KJC is for hard mobility situations such as Twins or Tectus. It's still very good. MF is not viable in any situations.
Seventh tier - General guideline is DB for singletarget, Cata for multitarget. It's our gameplay defining talent now.
Cata is The Spell  to be cast on Tectus. Has some uses on Twins, Imperator and Koragh.

I'm not to be called "Seasoned Demo Player" though. But I have some experience.
Hope I can help. 
Good luck!

Edit:
P.S. Folks. It's all written in Icy-Veins guide. And in threads around. Check them out before asking. No offence.

Edited by Paracel

But Doomguard, int pot, triple chaos wave (instead of zero chaos waves), and Copeland's Clarity all work better with a 20 second dark soul. And if you run AD you are losing 10 seconds of dark soul no matter what. Guhhh. Destro was a much simpler life for me.

But Doomguard, int pot, triple chaos wave (instead of zero chaos waves), and Copeland's Clarity all work better with a 20 second dark soul. And if you run AD you are losing 10 seconds of dark soul no matter what. Guhhh. Destro was a much simpler life for me.

Demo is arguably the most complex spec. FotMing ain't easy.

Game is hard.

Doesn't matter when Demonbolt is your biggest damage source by far, 30%+ of your damage. You want AD up for pretty much every fury dump, 10 additional seconds of your opener is nothing if you only have DS up for half of your demon bolts instead of almost all of them depending on fight length.

Should we always go into metamorph right after the demonbolt debuff is gone? No matter the amount of demonic fury?

Lets say the demonbolt debuff ended when I'm on 50% demonic fury and DS is available, which gives me like, 2? demonbolts, should I enter metamorph then and dump it into db?

Edited by Ozbaab

Should we always go into metamorph right after the demonbolt debuff is gone? No matter the amount of demonic fury?

Lets say the demonbolt debuff ended when I'm on 50% demonic fury and DS is available, which gives me like, 2? demonbolts, should I enter metamorph then and dump it into db?

No you should build until around 850 fury so you can cast Doom and 4 consecutive Demonbolts.

Last word was it didn't matter if you did or not. Delaying and jumping directly into meta have very little difference in total damage over the course of a fight. Whatever you are more comfortable with.