FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gravyspasm

Need to reduce damage taken on Imperator Mar'gok

Place portal and use it to avoid as many force novas as possible. Replace it if you get a moment before war mages become active.

And spec into sac pact.

Leverage your Demonic Circle: Teleport & Demonic Leap every chance you get to skip past force novas. Ditch the glyph and use Unending Resolve any time you're going to take big, unavoidable damage like being focused by War Mage(s) or if you're eating an Arcane Wrath. Other than that, just don't stand in shit. There isn't much unavoidable damage in that encounter.

Edited by iriecolorado

There isn't much unavoidable damage in that encounter.

yeah, this is my issue.  i'm trying to find a way to lessen it.   sac pac is the change i needed

By using sac pact I always end up being the one taking the least amount of damage in the raid. Warlocks have amazing survivability.

Address your healers.

And Harvest Life, anyone?biggrin.png

Edit : not to flood.

Holy cow, Demonic circle is insanely simple and effective feint. 
The more you live, the more you learn...

Edited by Paracel

Demonic leap through force novas.  Port through force novas if possible.  If you can spare the druid roars for that its a good idea too.  Sac Pact is the bee knees for defensive CDs IMO.  If people are setting off mines beat up on them.  Also one thing we've found is making sure not to time the death of the add in phase 2 to avoid his knockback and the nova coming at the same time.  Other than that I'd check raidwide CDs to make sure they're being used at the right time.  The mage one Amplify Magic is on a reasonable short CD and I see a pile of frost mages in most pugs I do so they seem common enough.

Place portal and use it to avoid as many force novas as possible. Replace it if you get a moment before war mages become active.

And spec into sac pact.

Excellent tips.

I love using sac pact + grimoire of supremacy + demon training glyph with Demo (and the health funnel minor glyph to regen my poor Wrathguard) -- it shields for more than half of the value of my health.  Now if only Demo was anywhere near as good as Destro for Mar'gok...

Edited by Zinthar

Demo just got some major love. Ill be playing it on margok this week and expect good things.

I tried it on heroic and just found it super hard to keep fury coming in fast enough with having to work around nova and mine movement.  I imagine with all the adds on Mythic HoG fury income would greatly help that problem.

I tried it on heroic and just found it super hard to keep fury coming in fast enough with having to work around nova and mine movement.  I imagine with all the adds on Mythic HoG fury income would greatly help that problem.

Yeah it does ^^

Demo just got some major love. Ill be playing it on margok this week and expect good things.

I was living in a cave and missed that buff.  To me, Demo is by far the most fun ranged DPS spec in the game -- so: biggrin.png

Edited by Zinthar