FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
uhhwateva

Stat priority after Haste hotfix (Affliction)

So, I was looking around some sites (Icy Veins, Mr Robot, Simcraft, etc) and all recommend that with the haste buff, haste is now slightly better than mastery. Before, the case was haste only overtook mastery in single-target situations. However, these sites are now saying haste is better in every situation than mastery, albeit slightly.

tl;dr Is haste truly the main priority now over mastery, in both single-target and multi-dotting?

Also, before anyone says anything; yes I know mastery is better for locks that swap specs; I'm talking PURELY Affliction.

All of the main theory crafting sites all saying the same thing and then asking if what we say is right on the site that we say it is a little redundant.

tl;dr Yes.

The only way to know what's what for your particular character is to sim it out. One small download, and it only takes a couple of minutes to import your character and run it.

Now you have REAL stat weights for YOUR character that you can import into those sites instead of using their default stat weights.

simulationcraft.org

Edited by iriecolorado

All of the main theory crafting sites all saying the same thing and then asking if what we say is right on the site that we say it is a little redundant.

tl;dr Yes.

I'm asking for clarity is all. While haste may be better, certain scenarios could still potentially yield better returns from mastery. Only way to know is to ask, because frankly a lot of the icy veins sections are out dated. I'm sorry for wasting your clearly precious time!

I prefer to just gem / enchant mastery to cover all 3 specs. The price for gear customisation is fucking ludicrous this expansion (2k for a gem, yeah no thanks) and mastery is a 'one size fits all' kinda thing. Plus it's amazing for all 3 specs anyway.

For Affliction, Haste likely wins out single target just as it used to do, but Mastery tends to win out with multiple targets.

However, I'm not sure how that plays out in the post MoP neutering of snapshotting and soul swap, as Affliction actually falls further behind once you add too many targets. I think 2-3 is the optimal point, after that you start spending too much time refreshing DoT's and keeping up 'maintenance'.

I think it's close enough that you can do what you want!