FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Laz

Resto Shaman getting ready for Mythic

I'm getting ready to apply to Mythic guilds, and I was wondering if some more experienced shamans could take a look at my logs. I have some weaknesses that I know about and am trying to fix. I forget to use Berserking and CotE and I just need to remind myself to work those in. I also sometimes don't use the max number of CDs you can pull off in certain fights.

Here is a link to a H Imp kill in a pug. I'm lower on the meters, but I think that's just because of the amount of healers. I felt good on mana, and had enough to cast some clutch healing surges in phase 4:

http://tinyurl.com/l58syrc

This is a log from a normal imp kill:

http://tinyurl.com/k82jz3w

I used to have a problem with keeping a high uptime on HST and Earth Shield; but I've since worked out some weak auras that have dramatically improved that aspect of my play. If you see anything else I should be working on, let me know.

Oh, and some of my enchants are kind of wonky now. I'm going to switch everything over to mastery. I started out wanting to play ele, but then I fell in love with playing resto. Everything will be properly enchanted before I apply to mythic guilds.

Hi Laz,

I'm sorry that I can't really help you that much because your logs are using the Ask Mr Robot service, which doesn't give me as much information at WarcraftLogs. I can tell you that you didn't use Elemental Blast enough on your Heroic Imp kill (16 casts vs. over 50 possible).

If you have 5 healers for 15 players, that's definitely too many, even for Imperator. I'd expect to do it with four, at which point you'll find your Mastery kicks in more strongly. On that theme, you'll find that in Mythic fights your Mastery will do a lot more on most fights.

Oh, and some of my enchants are kind of wonky now. I'm going to switch everything over to mastery. I started out wanting to play ele, but then I fell in love with playing resto. Everything will be properly enchanted before I apply to mythic guilds.

If you've got decent trinkets for regen, I highly recommend the Mastery enchant on your weapon :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. I'll upload some fights to WarcraftLogs next time I do HM. I know 5 is too many healers, but I've just been pugging so that's sort of out of my control. People always want to run with more than necessary so it becomes more difficult to gauge where I'm at.

My trinkets aren't very good. I have the crystalline blood drop from 5 mans and the winged hourglass (640). I did pick up a second Butcher mace from my last kill, so I'll put the mastery enchant on that one and see how it works out.