FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nightskyye

Frost Mage DPS help

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help with my wife's mage (Eelle).

Running sims, her character should max dps around 27k. We'd be happy with anything over 25k for Patchwerk style fights.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Links to armory and logs below.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/r3mPpN279DJHktbB/#type=summary

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Eelle/advanced

Just noticed her new cloak isn't enchanted, oops. Ignore that, we'll be sure to enchant that cloak ASAP.

No potions has been used.

Instead of Ice Barrier (on butcher) use Alter Time + Ice Flows. She can use Alter time on every odd number of knockbacks, to immediatly get back in position and keep dpsing, and use Ice Floes (and generally use it more frequently, it has only been used once) on every even number. Use it while flying and while running back.

Generally, PC give slightly better DPS on single target but it requires some practice to use. Nontheless, TV is fine to be used, I'm just suggesting min/max. :)

There has been 1 extra Ice Lance casted (without FoF charge)

I can't see any more glaring issues.. :)

Hi,

I'm a 672 frost mage who generally pulls 33k-36k on butcher. Looking through your log, I notice two things: no potions are being used and water jet was only used 8 times. This fight went for 3:42, which means that water jet could have been used a maximum number of 13 times. Expecting 13 casts is asking for a lot, but she should be aiming for 10 or 11 at least.

Also, something a little more advanced--but absolutely necessary to improve dps-- is to dump all brainfreeze procs and all but one fingers-of-frost procs before casting water jet. As multistrike increases, she'll find that she'll proc brainfreeze twice while water jet is up; while it may seem intuitive to dump all fingers-of-frost procs, you can save one and cast an ice lance before you generate your last finger form water jet.

For butcher in particular: I recommend saving your second potion and mirror image until prismatic crystal is about to come off cooldown with IV (so PC'S third use). Also, make sure that you have two charges of Ice Nova when PC is coming off cooldown. Ideally, when PC has five seconds left, pop potion into IV into MI; at this point you have a choice: if you have two fingers-of-frost procs, pop PC and unload one of your procs straight into frozen orb. Before FO gets to your crystal, you must dump the second fingers of frost and, if FO does not instantly generate two fingers, unload your first IN. If you have no procs when you start this sequence, cast frozen orb before PC and cast your first IN during the travel time.

A quick note about PC: it is a major dps loss to not place the crystal directly under the boss. Losing your ability to cleave Ice Lance will destroy your burst.

I'll be editing this post when new things come to mind, let me know if you have any questions!

Edit: I mathed the water jet wrong; 11 were usable in this fight, but she should still be aiming for more.

Edited by Xaskepios

Adding on to the above posts, you should use warcraftlogs instead of world of logs, as it allows to check more clearly details like the opener, how frequently things have been casted, etc

Thanks for the help everybody!

Adding on to the above posts, you should use warcraftlogs instead of world of logs, as it allows to check more clearly details like the opener, how frequently things have been casted, etc

Not sure what you're looking at, the link I provided is to warcraftlogs