FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kayar

WCL Analysis Request for M Twins!

Hey guys,

I was requested by my guild to re-roll to hunter at the beginning of WoD, and I'd just like a little advice on where I could improve.

I'm currently playing survival with focusing shot, because I find the rotation the easiest and most fun. We're progressing on mythic twins, and I know that my SS dot uptime is a little low, but other than that, is there anything that I should be working on?

I swapped from AMoC to blink strikes for the last few attempts because I was getting tired and forgetting about AMoC, and wanted to try something different but usually I would be using it.

Currently using cheap gems and enchants because I'm poor.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/Kayrawr/advanced

WCL: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/r1BVk4NWd3zcTHCa#fight=16

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to smash our other hunter into the dirt, even if he has a heroic weapon!

Thanks,

K.

Quick glance only caught my eye slightly on two things, barrage/exp trap count might be a tiny bit lower than optimal and your Steady Focus uptime is a bit suboptimal as well.  Have you tried playing with Thrill of the Hunt at all?  Overall it looks like you're doing really well.

Hey guys,

I was requested by my guild to re-roll to hunter at the beginning of WoD, and I'd just like a little advice on where I could improve.

I'm currently playing survival with focusing shot, because I find the rotation the easiest and most fun. We're progressing on mythic twins, and I know that my SS dot uptime is a little low, but other than that, is there anything that I should be working on?

I swapped from AMoC to blink strikes for the last few attempts because I was getting tired and forgetting about AMoC, and wanted to try something different but usually I would be using it.

Currently using cheap gems and enchants because I'm poor.

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/Kayrawr/advanced

WCL: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/r1BVk4NWd3zcTHCa#fight=16

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to smash our other hunter into the dirt, even if he has a heroic weapon!

Thanks,

K.

I don't use Focusing shot in that fight.  You will likely lose the dps gain, or at least most of it, because of movement, knockbacks, etc causing you to cancel FS & run around with no focus.   It's also much easier to get explosive trap in without delay using LW.

Edit;  I just sim'd it for myself, and FS > LW by about 2700 dps.  That is a lot for a theoretical gain, but you will certainly lose A LOT of that due to mechanics though. 

Edit2:  Glaive toss actually sims higher than barrage against 2 bosses with LW Sv.  I guess that makes sense seeing as barrage is so hard to pool focus for.

LW MM was simming just as high as FS SV, but that is assuming Chimera shot hits both targets, which from my experience is iffy at best.  They basically have to be dryhumping each other for chimera shot to work properly.

Edited by Minigun

Honestly, if it was a HUGE ("real world" usage) DPS gain to use FS over LW I would do it. But personally, in my opinion, I just can't justify turning myself into a caster - not when so many of these fights require the amount of movement they do. When you consider the fact that Hunters are often tasked with "bitch duty" that involves even more movement (you know the tasks... Raid Leader: "We'll have one of the Hunters do that"), it just doesn't seem realistic to me (again... my opinion) to turn myself into a caster.

Just my 2 cents is all...

Edited by f0nZi3