FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
causevha

[Arcane] Short tip to increase your dps as arcane

Sometimes I watch streamers play to improve as an arcane mage, sneak some tips but I always see a common mistake they do:

Case 1) Players tend to abort their AB cast in order to use AM.

Scenario:

You have 4 AC during burst phase and 0 AM (after regenerating to full mana using evo etc)

What most players do is:

1. Cast AB + initiate another AB cast since you don't know for certain that the first AB cast will procc AM. If it actually proccs, the player will either cancel the initiated AB cast and go with AM or he will cast AB twice because he feels guilty losing 0,1-0,3 seconds for initiating the 2nd AB cast.

Case 2) Players tend to use Arcane Barrage when they're not supposed to during conserve phase

Scenario: You have 4 AC, 0 AM and you initiated another AB cast since you had 90% mana. (the cast itself will go through at 93% or so)

Most experienced players know that if the cast goes through, it will reduce your mana to 84% and you want to cast Arcane Barrage if that happens since you don't know for certain that the AB cast will procc AM and even if, you most probably don't want to wait for the AM animation to pop up and use AM afterwards since it costs time.

In case 1) i recommend you to use AM after your AB cast nearly ended and hit AB afterwards (you basically press AM-hotkey and then AB-Hotkey after each AB cast enters the red zone of the cast bar) and in case 2) I recommend you to use AM-hotkey and then ABarrage hotkey. Both cases will not cause your AM cast to be interrupted by AB/Arcane Barrage.

I made a short video for those who don't understand it right away or want to see it visually wub.png

It's a very simple thing that I'm talking about but it'll somewhat change the way you used play your arcane mage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCtesrMpaoQ

And now I just hope that I'm not completely wrong about this, lol. wacko.png

I hope my english is somewhat understandable. Greetings from Germany laugh.png

edit: instead of pressing both hotkeys, one after another, you could just make two seperate makros:

Edited by causevha

I thought this was common knowledge, but you are right several players might not know about it! Thanks for the reminder, will put on my guide.

• Like 1

i got a question as a new arcane mage:

in case i have 4 arcane charges, i'm under 90% mana, without arcane missiles to trigger and nether tempest is about 5-6 seconds away from fade, what i have to do?

go for an arcane barrage, knowing nether tempest will drop before i can build 4 arcane charges again or spare a gcd to refresh it before arcane barrage?

hope it is clear, sorry for poor english.

I think spend the GCD to refresh as you only clip 2.4 seconds (which is better than not having it up for 4 casts)

i got a question as a new arcane mage:

in case i have 4 arcane charges, i'm under 90% mana, without arcane missiles to trigger and nether tempest is about 5-6 seconds away from fade, what i have to do?

go for an arcane barrage, knowing nether tempest will drop before i can build 4 arcane charges again or spare a gcd to refresh it before arcane barrage?

hope it is clear, sorry for poor english.

Nether tempest then drop 4 stacks.