FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Normal Heart of Fear Warlock Style

Greetings fellow Warlocks! Following the success and helpfulness of the Mogu'shan Vaults guide, I'm following it up with a Heart of Fear guide that will be used to help Warlocks venturing into the Heart of Fear as well as giving those experienced raiders a medium that allows them to help with their personal tips and tricks.

Imperial Vizier Zor'lok

Preferred Spec: Affliction or Destruction

Preferred Talents: Soul Leech, Shadowfury, Soul Link, Unbound Will, Grim of Sacrifice, Kil'jaeden's Cunning

Preferred Glyphs: Soul Shards (Affliction)

Before the fight begins, to facilitate movement between platforms, you can use your Demonic Gateway to allow super fast traveling of your tanks and other slow raid members. Set it at the base of one set of stairs and it will reach the other set of stairs. Not required, but it does slightly lessen the negligible raid damage.

This fight is pretty straight-forward for us. On the "Discs" platform, don't focus on DPS as much as you focus on dodging the discs. Keep DoTs up full time and use Kil'jaeden's Cunning to channel MG while dodging discs. If KJ isn't up, alternate Life Tap with Fel Flame to come out of a dancing phase with >90% mana. Continue doing this until the boss is at 80% if he picked this platform first or 60% if he picked it 2nd.

For Force and Verve platform, designate or volunteer yourself for the furthest "bubble" that Zor'lok spawns. As a Warlock, you're best suited to move and get into position as you have a plethora of tools at your disposal. When you get to this platform, go to the right of Zor'lok and put your portal down then DPS him from the left. When the third "bubble" spawns, you'll either be close to it or it'll be close to your portal. Commence teleportation if the situation is the latter. To survive the first Force and Verve, use Unending Resolve and rely on Soul Leech to facilitate the healing you receive. If your raid is swimming with Paladins, recommend a Hand of Protection rotation as this damage is purely physical. To survive the second Force and Verve, use your Shadow Bulwark (sacrifice your Voidwalker) ability that increases your HP by 30% for 20 seconds as well as a Healthstone. The Healthstone has synergy with Shadow Bulwark thus increasing the healing it does. This platform should not last more than 2 Force and Verves. Use Dark Soul here to accelerate your damage and the phase all together.

The 3rd platform is the mind control platform. It is very important that you do not take the Shadowfury, Mortal Coil, Blood Fear, or Dark Bargain talents in this fight. If and when your character is mind controlled, he will use all of these abilities at will with extreme prejudice to wipe your raid members. I was flabbergasted to see the effort Blizzard put into the AI during this mind control. On a few attempts, my Warlock popped Dark Bargain preventing any damage, stuns, or interrupts, Shadowfury'd the entire raid, including the tank, and began putting Unstable Affliction on the healers. Make sure you do not use any of these talents. If you're absolutely in love with Dark Bargain or Shadowfury, just make sure when you get to the third platform that you use all of those abilities so that you don't use them on your raid members. Unbound Will is AMAZING here as it will let you use it during mind control. It will not break the mind control, but it WILL decrease your HP by 20% shortening the amount of time your raid has to break you out. Use without hesitation. If you are not mind controlled, you're going to want to Fear a DPS that gets MC'd to interrupt whatever they were about to do. Ele/Resto Shamans tend to push a Hex while MC'd Druids LOVE to Cyclone the tank (yay!). Once you squeeze out a fear, STAY ON THE BOSS. DO NOT DOT UP YOUR MC'D FRIENDS. Unstable Affliction is not something you want your healers dispelling and you can't really do good DPS as Affliction to your MC'd friends without DoTs. Stay on the boss.

Note: If you are Destruction, you have a delightfully quick and easy way to break people out of MC. What you will do is put your Havoc on one person and Chaos Bolt the other. Make sure to let your raid know this so they don't all start hammering away on the MC'd people. A Havoc'd Chaos Bolt will hit both people for about 300k bringing them both down to about 55%. Conflagrate one, then Conflagrate the other (without the glyph, of course) and bam, they're broken out all while the other DPS got to focus the boss. If you are tasked with this or decide to do it, make sure you spend tme on that platform pooling only ONE ember. Note that if you do this method and you are MC'd, you must call out that you need to be focused down. On one attempt, I did hit my Druid healer with a 545k Chaos Bolt. Oops.

During the 2nd phase, everything is the same. This is just a pick it up and burn him phase. Dodging the discs is of utmost importance as well as getting to your bubble during Force and Verve quickly. Use the breaking out of MC tricks. We use Bloodlust on the first Force and Verve, so if your raid group plans that strategy out, pop your Doomguard just prior to that as well as your potion. Drain Soul when you can. Being such a high movement phase, Destruction might when the execute phase as Shadowfury is instant cast and delivers a hard hit.

Log of my first kill: http://www.worldoflo...0/?s=828&e=1385

Note that my silly Warrior melee'd the boss at the beginning of Phase 2 and spent the entire phase dead. We likely would have pushed him over way sooner without his bad play coming out. DoT uptime is important and you can see my numbers slipped up on UA a bit. My guess is during the transition from platforms as well as my extended mind control situation in Phase 2 (no one hit me for 15 seconds = mad raid leader!) kept UA off the boss for a bit.

Blade Lord Ta'yak

Preferred Spec: Affliction

Preffered Talents: Dark Regeneration, Mortal Coil, Soul Link, Burning Rush, Grim of Sacrifice, Archimode's Vengenace

Preffered Glyphs: Healthstone, Soul Shards

This is one of the easiest fights in Mists of Pandaria so far in terms of complexity. To sum it up, it's spread out, stack up, spread out, stack up, dodge tornadoes, run a tornado gauntlet, then run another tornado gauntlet. Get loot. We spent only 8 attempts on this boss getting him on our 9th attempt. There is some bugginess to this fight in the last phase that caused us an unnecessary wipe on our 3rd attempt, so this fight shouldn't require a lot of progression as there is no RNG. Just do the mechanics and you win.

First phase is all about dodging tornadoes and doing the most amount of damage possible. There's really no trick to this. Do your rotation and make sure you have /range 8 up and running so that you don't pick up the nasty DoT from a friend or worse...spread it to someone else if Ta'yak picks you. Stay spread out until about 4 seconds before Unseen Strike happens. At that point, you or your raid leader should call out 'stack on the tanks' and everyone collapses super tight on the tank. The boss will turn invisible then later hit the raid for 3,000,000 split among all targets. When all 10 people are hit, everyone is brought down to about 40% and suffers a mild 10 yard knockback. If anyone is missing from the hit, everyone will get hit much harder (another 35k or so) so make sure you're not the one missing. You can set your teleport somewhere close to where you originally were before the stacking so that you can port out and begin DPS'ing right away again. All of the damage incoming is very consistent and easy to prepare for. When stacking for an Unseen Strike, feel free to use Unending Resolve or Shadow Bulwark, but honestly...give your bored healers something to do. Soul Leech, Siphon Life, and Grim of Sac should give you enough passive healing that you'll be your own top healer.

When the boss hits 20%, he engulfs your raid in tornadoes and sends you down the hallway. You'll lose all control of your character, but you'll soon see why I told you to pack the talents I listed above. As soon as you land, you're going to pop Unending Resolve as you'll be at around 60% life. Activate Burning Rush and haul ass down the hallway carefully dodging tornadoes. As soon as you activate Burning Rush, use Shadow Bulwark, Dark Regeneration as well as a Healthstone. This will heal you an asinine amount and give you ample healing to outrange your healers you left behind. As soon as you reach the boss, deactivate Burning Rush and begin executing Ta'yak. Pop Dark Soul, DoTs, and Drain Soul. By the time your raid catches up to you, you should have him down to about 18%. When your raid gets there, his HP will drop SUPER fast. As soon as the boss hits 12%, tell your raid to start running down the hallway to the other side except for 1 healer, preferably a Priest or Druid. With their DoTs and your Drain Soul, you should take him from 11% to 10% by yourself giving your entire raid time to set up on the opposite end. On your way back over, your healer you held back should focus on keeping you alive over himself or herself. Your raid should already be wailing on the boss and if all goes well, he dies just as you arrive or shortly thereafter. Your healer you held back loses importance as the other two healers in your team have already set up camp at the end and are easily topping people off and the third healer isn't necessary to heal through the damage. Your DPS is more important, so make sure you tell him to prioritize you (this feels dirty, but it's for the best). When you get to the end, as long as the Berserk timer isn't close, you should pick up an easy win.

Log for my first kill: http://www.worldoflo.../?s=8176&e=8664

Our DPS was a little low in P2. We had some people derping on the tornadoes on the way back, and we had some weird things happen such as three tornadoes in a line preventing anyone from getting through. We lost a few people to what I perceive to be a bug but managed to have enough people alive at the end to bring him down. We did utilize a Paladin Divine Shield letting DoTs kill him post enrage. I'm sure that our kill this week will be much better with no enrage mechanics needed to survive.

Garalon

Preferred Talents: Soul Leech, Mortal Coil, Soul Link, Unending Resolve, Grim of Sacrifice, Kil'Jaeden's Cunning

Preferred Glyphs: Siphon Life, Soul Shards, Healthstone

Depending on your raid team's strategy, you'll either be kiting the Pheramones or not kiting the Pheramones. As a multi-dotter, you'll also want to find a home underneath of one of Garalon's legs. I'll go over each strategy in minor detail.

NOT KITING - MULTI DOTTING

This is the method you want to be using if you don't have high DPS cleavers in your team (Combat Rogue, Arms Warrior). Since you're not kiting, you're going to find one of Garalon's legs and DPS it down making sure you're always inside of the little bluish circle to receive the 100% damage bonus to the leg. While you're doing this, keep a full arsenal of DoTs rolling on Garalon. When one leg is down, move onto the next one. Your main focus here is killing legs as fast as possible and keeping DoTs on Garalon while not wiping your group by hitting the purple circle.

KITING - MULTI DOTTING

Do exactly what I've detailed above while you are NOT kiting the Pheramones. When it is your turn to kite the Pheramones, simply execute this mechanic while maintaining fully DPS on Garalon. Don't worry about a leg at this point unless one of the front legs are up. Just avoid getting hit by his cleave and fall in love with the 5.1 Kil'Jaeden's change where you can maintain full DPS with a minor movement debuff. When you are done kiting Pheramones, reassert yourself under one of his legs and begin your full-on assault again.

NOT KITING - NOT MULTI DOTTING

If you have a good Combat Rogue and Arms Warrior, you want them to have as much time on the legs as possible as they will be doing asinine amounts of damage with their cleave. While multi-dotting may seem really good in this case, they're doing nearly 100% additional damage with an extra target. Your job here is to stand relatively in the middle of the room and focus Garalon full time. You never switch targets, you never move unless the purple circle comes close, and you never do anything other than DPS Garalon. This is a pretty sweet job, albeit a bit boring.

KITING - NOT MULTI DOTTING

This is my role that I perform in the fight with my raid composition. All I have to do is what I detail above where I focus Garalon full time. When I have to kite the Pheramones, nothing changes. Keep doing your single target rotation.

While kiting, don't forget his cleave has a pretty wide span and about a 25 yard range. Make sure you're in the 30-40 yard range while kiting and DPSing so you don't eat a cleave and the Pheramones damage. Sacrifice your Voidwalker to give you a last stand. Doing this will give you Shadow Bulwark EVERY TIME you have to kite. Pop it when you get to 10 stacks of Pheramones if you're doing the 5 person - 15 stacks strategy or 13 stacsk if you're doing the 4 person - 20 stack strategy. Use Unending Resolve as an additional defensive cooldown and use Mortal Coil after Crushes where you have some HP missing. Overall, not a complex fight at all. Just need some raid coordination practice.

Here is my log of our first kill with me kiting Pheramones: http://www.worldoflo.../?s=3853&e=4235

Wind Lord Mel'jarak

Preferred Spec: Affliction or Demonology

Preferred Talents: (Affliction) Soul Leech, Mortal Coil, Soul Link, Unending Resolve, Grim of Sac, KJC

Preferred Talents: (Demo) Soul Harvest, Mortal Coil, Dark Bargain, Unending Resolve, Grim of Supremacy, KJC

Preferred Glyphs: (Affliction) Soul Shards, Siphon Life, Healthstone

Preferred Glyphs: (Demo) Wild Imps, Healthstone, Siphon Life

I'm going to detail this fight from my personal role where I maintain CC on an add until the end of Phase 1. Before going into any detail, volunteer to be someone responsible for CC'ing one of the two adds needing to be CC'd until the end of Phase 1. Create the following macro:

/target Focus

/click ExtraActionButton1

/targetlasttarget

Target your assigned mob to be CC'd, and type /focus. Drag your macro onto your bar somewhere or bind it to your spacebar. Activating this macro will automatically target your assigned mob and re-CC him. With that out of the way, I will focus on the fight mechanics from our perspective.

Affliction - your job during Phase 1 is to keep DoTs rolling on EVERYTHING. You'll have 6 targets to maintain DoTs on which means you'll primarily be reapplying DoTs. Make sure Pandemic is being fully utilized here. We CC'd 1 Amber Shaper, 1 Blademaster, and 2 Menders. We assigned a primary kill target to the un-CC'd Mender. I kept my Rogue, Frost DK, and Warrior on the Mender while I focused on keeping full DoTs up on Wind Lord while using Soulburn:Seed of Corruption to put Corruption on all targets. Use Soulburn: Curse of Elements to put CoE up on every target when they get into position. When I got my full array of DoTs up on Wind Lord, I rotated through all of them applying Seed of Corruption, refreshing all DoTs on Wind Lord, using a Soulburn:Seed of Corruption on Wind Lord, then reapplying Agony to each mob. This will extend the duration via Pandemic to 38ish seconds. Maintain the following priority during Phase 1:

1) Full DoTs on Wind Lord by casting DoTs on him

2) Soulburn:Seed of Corruption on Wind Lord to put Corruption on all targets (Lots of Nightfall procs this way)

3) Spam Seed of Corruption

Don't bother with Unstable Affliction. It's duration is too short to maintain on anything except your primary target. Agony, again, would cost too many global cooldowns to refresh on all targets. Spam Seed. You might be asking about the Glyph of Everlasting Affliction. It's not worth it. You'll need the DPS in Phase 2 too much. Always make sure that your assigned add is controlled. If he breaks loose, someone will probably die. If you are picked with the Corrupted Resin, do like you did on Garalon and stack them tightly. Just keep moving and execute the mechanic. If you get picked by the Amber Prison, use Unbinding Will as a free get-out-of-jail card. If UW is down, call out for someone to break you out. You'll be tempted to use your Infernal here...don't. Your Doomguard will service you to a much higher level at the end of the fight. In Phase 2, the boss takes 100% more damage and under 20%, the Doomguard does 20% more damage. Just hold onto the big guy until the end for a mega execute.

When the adds are all dead, you have only three things to worry about in Phase 2:

1) Spread out. If he picks you with his spear toss thing, just move out of the way. Don't stand near a friend so that only one of you has to move each time

2) Wind Bomb. Move from it. Don't run into one. Failing to avoid a Wind Bomb will cause a wipe. Don't disappoint your raid.

3) Rain of Blades - stack up with your raid on the tanks to allow healers to AoE heal. Use your Unending Resolve, Shadow Bulwark, and Healthstones to help your healers. Also, use Mortal Coil EVERY TIME for a free 15% heal.

Demonology - Apply Curse of Elements to all of the mobs and put Corruption on each of them. When they are all gathered, use Hand of Gul'dan to keep Shadowflame ticking on them. Don't use both together, but make sure you never have two charges. Time spent out of Metamorphosis should be time spent building Demonic Fury and maintaining Corruption on all targets. When you have sufficient DF, pop into Meta and apply Doom to everything. With all DoTs running, run Immolation Aura Void Ray to reapply Corruption. Remember to use Wrathstorm on CD. Demonology should be able to beat Affliction in Phase 1 DPS, but I haven't found it necessary to use due to Affliction's superior execute with this fight's tightly tuned Enrage timer.

Log of my first kill: http://www.worldoflo.../?s=1054&e=1525

Amber Shaper Un'sok

Preferred Spec: Any

Preferred Talents: Soul Leech, Shadowfury, Soul Link, Unbound Will, Grimoire of Sacrifice, Kil'jaeden's Cunning

Preffered Glyphs: Soul Shards, Healthstone

This fight is completely contained in your ability to control your construct. As a DPS, you just need to know your DPS priority. With Kil'jaeden's Cunning, you can continue your normal DPS rotation while kiting the Amber Scalpel. Use Unending Resolve when you get the Parasitic Growth debuff. Phase by phase explanation:

Phase 1: Follow this DPS priority:

1) Constructs (full DoTs, full rotation)

2) Ambers (multi-DoT all adds)

3) Amber Shaper Un'sok

If you are being focused by an Amber, use Shadowfury to gain some distance. Remember to not kill any Ambers next to others to prevent the healing. Unfortunately, these adds do NOT recharge Soul Shards, nor heal you via Glyph of Soul Consumption. When the construct you are DPSing down hits 20%, use Soul Swap to pull DoTs off. Use Exhale to apply DoTs to either Un'sok or some newly spawned Ambers. Very trivial phase.

Phase 2: This is where the fun begins. You have a new priority:

1) Constructs

2) Ambers

3) Monstrosity

You'll continue this rotation until you get turned into a Construct. Refer to the Icy-Veins raid strategy on a better explanation of your construct abilities. Use Shadowfury to stun adds on healers or yourself.

Phase 3: Spam the crap out of Amber Strike, remember to right click Un'sok so your construct auto-attacks (denoted as Smash in combat logs). After you spam Amber Strike enough, the boss falls over and you die. No joke. Very, very easy phase.

Grand Empress Shek'zeer

Preferred Talents: Soul Leech, Shadowfury, Soul Link, Unbound Will, Grimoire of Sacrifice, Kil'jaeden's Cunning

Preferred Glyphs: Soul Shards, Healthstone, Soul Consumption

Simple 2 phase fight from a DPS perspective. Victory in this fight will come from your healers.

Phase 1: Find a place 5 yards away from anyone else and fire off your normal rotation on the boss. There is only one thing you need to worry about in this phase and that is getting the raid-wide shadow damage debuff. The second you get that, you should find your way into your raid leader's designated field. Continue your rotation but remember to bounce out to get topped off, then get back in. Use Unending Resolve and Shadow Bulwark to assist healers keeping you topped off. Do your best to help your raid push Shek'zeer to 60% before she runs away and leads into Phase 2.

Phase 2: Depending on raid strat, your ranged and heals should be stacked in the middle to facilitate the creation of an Amber Trap. While the trap is being formed, all DPS should be focusing down one of the Reavers. Assist your tank's survival by using Shadowfury on the smaller adds. Set your portal about 20 yards from the stacking point so that if you get focused, you have an easy way out. Sprinkle in some Soulburn:Seed of Corruption on your focused Reaver to get extra DPS on the adds as well as extra Nightfall procs. The Amber Trap and focused Reaver should form/die at the same time. At this point, the unfocused Reaver should be brought into the Amber Trap. This will stop all of the smaller adds from attacking the raid as they'll focus on breaking the Reaver out of the Amber Trap. AoE the crap out of them as well as using Shadowfury to stun them to prolong the trap. When the last smaller add dies, Shek'zeer pops her ugly head back out.

Phase 1: same thing as before. Goal is to push her to 30% before a 2nd add phase.

Phase 3: Execute phase time. Nothing for you to worry about except killing her before your healers have a stroke from smashing their heals so much. Remember your Healthstone during this phase. Just DPS away and don't ever be standing within 5 yards of anyone or in her giant purple aura of fear. If you DO get feared, cleanse it with Unbound Will. She'll fall over soon enough.

Amber Shaper Un’sok

Specialization: Affliction

Phase 1:

Start with a normal opener on Un’sok and perform the normal single target rotation until one of your tanks gets transformed. When your tank is transformed, keep DoTs up on Un’sok then focus on killing your transformed tank. Stop attacking him at about 30% - 25% and switch back to the boss to maximize damage, your DoTs should bring the transformed tank down to 20% so he can jump out. A useful trick for your tank is to remove his shield/take off shield/shift out of bear right before he is transformed so he takes more damage from the raid. When you are targeted by Amber Scalpel, make sure to drag it away from the raid and try to DoT up all the Living Ambers to kill them if your raid needs you to; we have a death knight that kills them before my DoTs do meaningful damage so I tend to mostly ignore them. When Un’sok reaches 70%, phase 2 will begin.

Phase 2:

Phase 2 is very similar to phase 1 from a DPS standpoint. In this phase, you target the Amber Monstrosity as your primary damage target instead of Un’sok. Continue to move out of the Amber Scalpel and keep the Living Embers under control. When raid members are transformed, make sure to switch and break them out as your raid’s strategy entails. You should pop heroism if one of your healers gets transformed so you can break them out faster, and heroism isn’t really useful in phase 3 because of the damage increase from Amber Strike.

The major stumbling block of this phase is learning how to do the Mutated Construct because now, everyone can be transformed. Press 1 (Amber Strike) to interrupt the boss when casting and Press 2 (Struggle for Control) to interrupt yourself. Don’t ever press 3 (Consume Amber) in this phase unless it’s part of your raid’s strategy. Press 4 (Break Free) when it lights up (when you get to 20% health). Interrupting the Amber Monstrosity’s cast and your cast is paramount to defeating this encounter. You will wipe many times on this phase until everyone gets accustomed to the Mutated Construct mechanic.

Phase 3:

After the Amber Monstrosity dies, phase 3 begins. Stack up in the center of the room, right inside the boss, and start damaging the boss. You stack in the center so the transformed raid members absorb the damage coming from the pools around the room to the boss. Use your single target damage rotation and burn the boss. This is a strict burn phase so do as much damage as possible.

You may be transformed in this phase. The transformation is the same as in Phase 2 although you only need to worry about interrupting yourself. Spam 1 (Amber Strike) on the boss. Do not let the stacks fall off. Press 2 (Struggle for Control) every time you begin to cast so you don’t kill your raid. Press 3 (Consume Amber) when your willpower gets low so you don’t die. To consume amber, you will need to be standing in one of the puddles on the ground. Continue spam Amber Strike on the boss and interrupt your cast until the boss dies or your run out of willpower and die (this is very likely). If you don’t ever get transformed, just continue to do your single target damage rotation.

Edited by Aonxe
  • Like 2

No, you'll want to be Affliction. There are tons of targets to throw DoTs up on but not enough for an AoE happy team to compensate on damage. Stick ti Affliction for general purposes.

Garalon

NOT KITING - NOT MULTI DOTTING

If you have a good Combat Rogue and Arms Warrior, you want them to have as much time on the legs as possible as they will be doing asinine amounts of damage with their cleave. While multi-dotting may seem really good in this case, they're doing nearly 100% additional damage with an extra target.

Quick question/confirmation : when these classes cleave does the 100% additionnal damage does (still) apply to the boss or not ?

Awesome guides BTW. Thanks Zagam.

Edited by Morgaliel

Quick question/confirmation : when these classes cleave does the 100% additionnal damage does (still) apply to the boss or not ?

Awesome guides BTW. Thanks Zagam.

A hot fix corrected the issue where the 100% extra damage was also being applied to Garalon. No matter if you cleave or multi-DoT the legs and body, the body will take 100% normal damage while the legs will take double damage so long as you are standing in its kill zone.

Glad to be of assistance!

Affliction - your job during Phase 1 is to keep DoTs rolling on EVERYTHING. You'll have 6 targets to maintain DoTs on which means you'll primarily be reapplying DoTs. When I got my full array of DoTs up on Wind Lord, I rotated through all of them applying Seed of Corruption, refreshing all DoTs on Wind Lord, using a Soulburn:Seed of Corruption on Wind Lord, then reapplying Agony to each mob.

Don't bother with Unstable Affliction. It's duration is too short to maintain on anything except your primary target. Agony, again, would cost too many global cooldowns to refresh on all targets. Spam Seed.

I'm confused how to handle Wind Lord. Somehow you say keep DoTs on everything and then you say do not refresh UA and Agony.

Am I getting this right:

I have all 3 DoTs on Wind Lord and only Coruption on the adds, while spamming SoC. And I only use shards for SB:SS on Windlord and SS:SoC. Is that right?

Or do I spend the gained shards to SB:SS all adds?

How I approach this fight is dependent on how beastly our AoE guys are playing. If one set of adds are falling behind (we like to kill all 3 groups together) then I'll splash all my DoTs on the group I want to kill. Otherwise, I keep full DoTs on the boss, SB:SoC up on boss, then tab through all the targets and use SoC. This usuallly results in all of the seeds going off together by the time I make it back to Wind Lord.

Is your group having difficulty making the enrage or are you just looking for personal improvements?

• Like 1

If it is progression, let me make a suggestion personalized to you. Take charge of one of the CC's and grab one of those big polearm type things. Make this macro:

/target focus

/targetlasttarget

Click one of the adds (should be either 1 Amber, 1 Battlemaster, or 1 of 2 Menders) and type /focus. Now, no matter what direction you're facing, as long as you're within 40 yards, you'll re-cc the add you set to focus. During this fight, if you hear DBM counting down from 10, that's your CC breaking warning...DBM counts down for nothing else in this fight. If she starts counting, hit your macro.

As for the actual fight, make sure you take Unbound Will. This will instantly break you out of the Amber trap freeing you and saving one of your raid member's cooldown from happening. The enrage timer is pretty leniant if your raid comp can dish out some AoE damage while keeping the adds CC'd and keeping the Mender interrupted. The interrupt shouldn't be your job, but you could take charge of it if need be by sacrificing your Felhunter and using the Mender as your focal point instead of the Wind Lord. I haven't found pre-potting to be overly useful here, so save your pot for phase 2. During Phase 1, all you have to worry about is standing somewhat near your healers, running away if you get the puddle-dropping debuff, and doing as much AoE damage as possible. The reason you want to be near your healers is incase they get entombed in Amber. You can quickly click them and release them preventing possible tank spikes. You DON'T want to reapply UA to each add because it doesn't add much and it doesn't last long enough. I do find myself sprinkling in some Agony's on some off targets, but it's mostly for meter padding because it really doesn't do much in terms of effective DPS (may change in Heroic mode). If your group can manage to kill all the adds at once, you'll be in great shape. As a ranged, be aware of Wind Bombs. Triggering one will wipe your raid or seriously hamper your healers' already difficult job. During Phase 2, be mindful of the boomerang attack...getting hit on its way out and on its way back in will kill you. The only other thing to be mindful of is Rain of Blades. This HURTS, and your healers will need a healing rotation. Whichever healer in your group has the weakest healing, pop Unending Resolve to help yourself stay alive (or Dark Bargain if you elect to take this talent, which is ok because there's no other raid damage other than avoidable attacks). In terms of AoE healing, I've found Disc Priests, Resto Shamans, and Mistweaver Monks capable of keeping the raid topped off by themselves with no issues at all. Holy Paladins, Resto Druids, and Holy Priests seem to require a little assistance, so be mindful of this while doing Phase 2. Save your Doomguard for sub 20%...this fight actually makes him look good. Best of luck!

• Like 1

If it is progression, let me make a suggestion personalized to you. Take charge of one of the CC's and grab one of those big polearm type things. Make this macro:

/target focus

/targetlasttarget

i have a fear macro that does something similar to this. no matter what i'm doing, once it is applied, it'll always fear that original target.

great idea to adapt that for this fight.

I really really appreciate the time Zgaman that you took to write that detailed text Posted Image

I'll try to implement all the stuff!

Tips like staying close to the healers will help quite a lot and in general all those tips are pure gold

Thx a lot from a warlock fellow from germany.

Edited by Sternebrezeln