FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Karanir

PTR changes to Shaman

I just wanted to point out that the change to healing stream totem is a tooltip update and not a buff. It already heals for 102.4% of spellpower on live

ishamans.gifShaman (Forums, Talent Calculator)

Edited by Karanir
  • Like 1

Thanks for linking these, Karanir.

Seems odd that we're getting a flat buff to what is already one of our best spells. I guess this just makes it even more mandatory to get to the 50% HST uptime level.

• Like 1

Update: The Healing Stream Totem changes are just updated to tooltips. I checked this ingame and it appears that Wowhead is wrong with tooltips atm.

Yo Stoove, 

I think you missed the part at the bottom of my first post. I posted this so that players wouldn't mistakenly think it's a buff when it's not. 

Yo Stoove, 

I think you missed the part at the bottom of my first post. I posted this so that players wouldn't mistakenly think it's a buff when it's not. 

Good grief, so I did. It just caught me off guard enough to not finish reading the post xD

Also, wowhead has been lying to us. This makes me sad. =(

Good grief, so I did. It just caught me off guard enough to not finish reading the post xD

Also, wowhead has been lying to us. This makes me sad. =(

You are not alone here =)

Honestly, I've read up to this line too, run to order pizza and to tell all my friends that Shamans power is back! ^^

What a disappointment it was to read the post to end. sad.png

Does the post on MMO Champ actually say its a tooltip fix? I always thought they were presented in a way that the old tooltip was red and the correct/new one was green. This post does not seem to clarify that it is a tooltip fix like the last post did. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Does the post on MMO Champ actually say its a tooltip fix? I always thought they were presented in a way that the old tooltip was red and the correct/new one was green. This post does not seem to clarify that it is a tooltip fix like the last post did. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

I don't know whether it says it there or not, but I checked the HST tooltip personally. The HST tooltip is currently wrong on live by about 100%. So it looks very much like a tooltip fix.

Fair enough. People do seem to be carrying out comparisons at the moment to try and make sense of it. I'm quite happy with HST at the moment so any hint of a buff strikes me as odd. Think Im just generally quite happy with Resto at the moment :D

Sorry guys, I should have put my comments about it being a tool tip fix at a more prominent location. I was actually super excited when I saw that hst was buffed and went to tell all my friends.

Then sadly, when I tested it in game, I was so disappointed.

• Like 1

The Resto Shaman Cycle:

1) "Ooh patch notes, we're getting a buff!"

2) "Oh wait, that's a weird buff."

3) "We're not getting a buff. What a surprise."

[repeat for each patch and/or hotfix]

• Like 3

The Resto Shaman Cycle:

1) "Ooh patch notes, we're getting a buff!"

2) "Oh wait, that's a weird buff."

3) "We're not getting a buff. What a surprise."

[repeat for each patch and/or hotfix]

Yep. I agree. I always find myself hurriedly opening patch notes and scrolling to see resto shaman changes only to be dispppointed to find NO changes at all, or some small insignificant thing like this.... mellow.png  #thesruggle is real.