FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shammytime

Don't change a thing Icy Veins!

Well, They SHOULD change things, or else it will be come out-dated very quickly =P

I think he means to keep doing what your doing by doing GREAT work.

• Like 1

This website has become my favorite WOW website. The content and format is just perfect! PLEASE don't change a thing!!!

Thank you for your compliments. It means a lot to us :)

Rest assured that we won't change, except for the better (we hope)!

Thank you for this nice comment! As the website grows, we are eventually going to change a few things, but as Vlad said, we'll try to do changes that improve the website and not the other way around ^^

I love this site, I only have one request: could there be an option to link items to Wowhead instead of WowDB?

Thank you for this nice comment Posted Image

Regarding links to Wowhead in our guides, this used to be our database of choice. We switched to WowDB for a number of reasons. We had about 100,000 links to Wowhead, but we never had any interaction with them, whatsoever.

Then Curse.com came along and proposed to link our guides on MMO-Champion, to give us the IM contact of their dev team so we can chat with their developers and suggest/discuss new features for WowDB, to grant us API access to their database (in case we need to extract information for some of our tools, such as the completed quests checker or the transmogrification guides).

What we had to do in exchange was to switch our tooltips to WowDB. The database surely is not as mature as Wowhead, but we find the tooltips to be better. Compare Flamestrike (Wowhead) and Flamestrike (WowDB). Which one do you think is the most accurate?

I'm not familiar with mage abilities so I went ahead and looked up Shield of the Righteous.

They both look accurate to me, I don't question the accuracy of WowDB. Here is what I prefer about Wowhead over WowDB:

• The comments, first and foremost, are much more populated on items in Wowhead. These comments are oftentimes very helpful and I check there constantly for tips and tricks from other players
  • The "View in 3D" option on Wowhead is great for picking out items for transmogrification. WowDB rarely has screenshots let alone even a model screenshot of an item.
  • The search function on Wowhead is much better. I rarely actually have to hit search as the quick links will often hit what I want before I am done typing. WowDB rarely does that and it's just an extra step to find the information I want.
  • There are many other functions such as Find Upgrades, Compare, and others that WowDB simply does not have.
Like I said, I love the site and obviously it's easy enough to get to Wowhead from the WowDB links provided. But I like getting to my info as quick as possible and I have found that WowDB simply doesn't have as much info or tools for their users.

Thanks!

It is true that WowDB is currently lacking in many areas, but we are confident that they will catch up.

In any case, it is probably healthier if there are two popular databases instead of just one. Then, they will have to both innovate and stand out to attract users, which can only benefit the community.

WoWDB has Wowhead links for the spells as well. It's an extra step but its not really that big a deal

Edit: Obviously I did not read your entire post and I apologize >.>

Edited by krazyito65

Now, if he wins the give away next week expect some serious ass kissing from me... lol Posted Image

Seriously thiough, its true...great site guys..first stop for most anything I need.

• Like 1

The class guides for learning how to maximize my DPS have been ridiculously helpful. I think the best part, however, has been that the forums are civil (and helpful) and are actually watched by the owners/admins. Kudos.

• Like 1

The class guides for learning how to maximize my DPS have been ridiculously helpful. I think the best part, however, has been that the forums are civil (and helpful) and are actually watched by the owners/admins. Kudos.

Thanks! I sure hope that they remain like this, albeit with a bit more posts :P

I want to join the chorus of praise for Icey Veins in general. Thanks Damien and Vlad. Thank you for all of it.

As a new warlock I would have been lost and confused if I had not found the site. I used every element of the warlock class section (used as in depended on). A big shout out to the Sha of Affliction for his wonderful sticky posts on everything from trinkets to an affliction lock guide to Mogushan Vaults, as well as for his outstanding ability to keep the ball rolling! Zagam usually has the answer, but on the rare occasion when he isn't sure he involves himself in ongoing discussion with the other experienced warlocks here who are very genorous with their knowledge and experience. I often find myself encouraging other warlocks on my server who are a bit overwhelmed with the "new Affliction" to visit here for the best information going.

Thanks Again,

Spin

Edited by spin
  • Like 1