FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tonks

[Arcane] Log review of a new Arcane

Hello

I´ve recently switched to Arcane and im enjoying the spec a great deal.

I am however afraid that im not playing anywhere near to the potential of the spec.

If one of you arcane gods would take the time to review a couple of my logs here it would be greatly appreciated. 

Dont mind the Multistrike Wep Enchant, still working together the funds to switch it to Bleeding Hollow. 

Logs: 

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vatfYJwQ8rBm7291#type=summary&source=4&fight=12

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vatfYJwQ8rBm7291#type=summary&source=4

Thank you very much

Your rune of power uptime is kinda low for a nearly zero movement boss.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vatfYJwQ8rBm7291#type=auras&source=4&fight=12

Mine was at 97% on kargath in highmaul heroic (for comparison)

On butcher it's even worse:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vatfYJwQ8rBm7291#type=auras&source=4

If you get below 80% uptime it's not worth it to stick with rune of power-- your uptime on butcher (heroic) should be higher than kargath.

Use icy floes if you get knocked back by butcher, you can cast mid air

I suggest cold snap talent, you don't need alter time for kargath/butcher since you can blink twice/use icy floes (if you have the glyph)

other than that i can't tell you much, you'd have to upload a video or so happy.png

Edited by causevha

Alter time is the best cheese on the butcher fight, cast it just before the bounding cleave is cast then cast AT again as soon as your character starts flying from the knockback. Wouldn't take anything else from that line of talents.

• Like 2

I suggest cold snap talent, you don't need alter time for kargath/butcher since you can blink twice/use icy floes (if you have the glyph)

other than that i can't tell you much, you'd have to upload a video or so happy.png

I think you meant Ice Barrier, and no it's on GCD :P 

• Like 1

Your rune of power uptime is kinda low for a nearly zero movement boss.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vatfYJwQ8rBm7291#type=auras&source=4&fight=12

Mine was at 97% on highmaul heroic (for comparison)

On butcher it's even worse:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vatfYJwQ8rBm7291#type=auras&source=4

If you get below 80% uptime it's not worth it to stick with rune of power-- your uptime on butcher (heroic) should be higher than kargath.

Use icy floes if you get knocked back by butcher, you can cast mid air

Alter Time is like the BEST on Butcher... :)

• Like 1

Sorry i take it back lol, i confused talent trees--- AT is obviously the best talent for both fights

I also didn't know that you can trigger AT twice to port back immediately, that's sick

Alter Time is like the BEST on Butcher... smile.png

i feel like it's not necessary for butcher heroic, ,you could just use 2-3 icy floes before the knockback happens (no gcd), but it can have a huge impact on kargath if you have to run behind the fire pillar

Edited by causevha

Sorry i take it back lol, i confused talent trees--- AT is obviously the best talent for both fights

I also didn't know that you can trigger AT twice to port back immediately, that's sick

i feel like it's not necessary for butcher, ,you could just use 2 icy floes before the knockback happens, but it can have a huge impact on kargath if you have to run behind the fire pillar

Not necessary, obviously, but you could also use AT on one, and IF when AT is not ready..?

And what if you are at the end of the fight and you get a push back every ~10 seconds? Then you will run out of IF on the 2nd round, while with AT you can handle 3-4.

Also, man.. Read! :P spell_mage_altertime.jpgAlter Time

when cast a second time, or after 10 sec
  • Like 1

Not necessary, obviously, but you could also use AT on one, and IF when AT is not ready..?

And what if you are at the end of the fight and you get a push back every ~10 seconds? Then you will run out of IF on the 2nd round, while with AT you can handle 3-4.

Also, man.. Read! tongue.png spell_mage_altertime.jpgAlter Time

seems like more than 10s to me tongue.png

i guess it all depends on fight duration

Edited by causevha

Ok, it's 25 seconds.. :P

You use two charges on the first 1 will recharge 5 seconds before the next one.

You use another 2 on the seconds, 1 will recharge 5 seconds befor the third one.

You use one on the third.. Then it's on CD.. :P But, alright by that time, you indeed should have the boss killed, usually, so it doesn't really matter, indeed.. :D

• Like 1

Small question: is it possible to the the stuff on warcraft logs? If yes, i can't find where :/

to do what to the the stuff? :D

• Like 1

Is my english that bad? biggrin.png

Ï would like to see OP's stuff/enchants/gems to have a rough estimation of his level, and to see if his DPS his indeed lower than what he should expect, and also maybe the talent's choice (even if yo ucan guess most of them from the logs). But so far, all i can see is his ilvl. Maybe i am looking at the wrong place though.

You can check enchant by checking the guys procs. Check the enchant accordingly.

Other gear cannot be checked as far as I know. The expected DPS is based on simcraft usually.

Talent choice is the same thing as enchant. Check buffs.

(I can't even see ilvl.. :P)