FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Khades99

I think I've been gearing up all wrong

So until right now, when joining pugs that do Master loot MS > OS.

I have not been rolling on any trinkets/rings/cloaks that didn't have any bonus armor on it.

Is that right?

For example, looking at the Item priority list listed on here for blood DKs I see Ko'ragh's Family Locket higher on the list than Collar of Wailing Mouths.

I have a 670 Ko'ragh's Family locket, should I equip that over my 655 Collar of Wailing Mouths?

Is this list accurate? or does it just order by iLvL?

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/blood-death-knight-pve-tank-gear-loot-best-in-slot

According to that list, some of the Str Trinkets I haven't been rolling on are very good for me, the trinket that it has highest in the list before mythic is a STR trinket.

Hi!

Well, so far I do not think that you did something wrong.

I am not really sure about this item-list-link you posted, but being a tank, bonus armor is in my opinion much more important than STR.

I myself stack as much bonus armor as possibly to help the healers as good as possible.

On the other hand, more STR means more DMG for our deathstrike, meanming more selfheal and a higher bloodshield... but I did not find a single stat priotity list which does not tell you that there is something more important than bonus armor (except stamina).

Hi!

Well, so far I do not think that you did something wrong.

I am not really sure about this item-list-link you posted, but being a tank, bonus armor is in my opinion much more important than STR.

I myself stack as much bonus armor as possibly to help the healers as good as possible.

On the other hand, more STR means more DMG for our deathstrike, meanming more selfheal and a higher bloodshield... but I did not find a single stat priotity list which does not tell you that there is something more important than bonus armor (except stamina).

How more Death Strike damage increases our self heal?  Isnt death strike based on how much damage received in last 6 seconds?

How more Death Strike damage increases our self heal?  Isnt death strike based on how much damage received in last 6 seconds?

I don't think so.

Death Strike

More dmg = more self healing so I would not stack to much bonus armor, I've even seen blood DK's not using bonus armor at all.

I would stick with this priority list:

Purely Defensive:
Str/AP > Bonus Armor > Mastery > Haste > Crit > Vers > Stam

Yolo DPS Tank:
Str > Wdps > Bonus Armor > Multistrike > Crit > Vers = Mastery = Haste

A good hybrid of both:
Str >Wdps >  Bonus Armor > Mastery > Crit = Haste > Vers = Multistrike

Edit:

Hm there seems to be a hidden passive called Bladed Armor 

It should show how much ap it is if you hover over bonus armor in your character sheet.

I would compare the stats and see what combination of gear gives the best damage reduction while not sacrifising to much AP.

I suggest you read Storm's post here that has allot more info on what the best stats are smile.png

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/9470-blood-stat-priority/

Edited by VRDRF

BUt Death Strike heals based on how much damage did? where i can found the formula? thnx in advance

Death Strike 1 Unholy, 1 Frost 

Requires Death Knight

Requires level 56

Requires Melee Weapon

Focuses dark power into a strike that deals 114% Physical damage and heals you for 1.

So that means that if you did 20k dmg its 20.000*1.14 = 22800

there is also Scent of Blood that increases your next deathstrike's heal effect by 20%

Edited by VRDRF

I would stick with this priority list:

Purely Defensive:
Str/AP > Bonus Armor > Mastery > Haste > Crit > Vers > Stam

Yolo DPS Tank:
Str > Wdps > Bonus Armor > Multistrike > Crit > Vers = Mastery = Haste

A good hybrid of both:
Str >Wdps >  Bonus Armor > Mastery > Crit = Haste > Vers = Multistrike

So by that logic then, I should flask for STR instead of Stam?

I actually saw this question asked on IRC today and I remember the answer to flask for STR.

Not sure though, I do not play blood :)

It depends on the fight. Stam flask may feel easier on progression content, but overall stamina feels low proirity for blood since we gain roughly 25% extra health during fights through empowered death coil. More strength and attack power from sources give stronger shields and helps to push the fights along quicker. I usually prefer strength, I like to give the dps a run for their money :) Gear wise, anything of equal item level, ill go for what has bonus armor first, but if its a decent upgrade, always wear the higher item level.

Personally on my DK, I don't try get bonus armor, I'm using anything with mastery on it and just focusing on self-healing, on some heroic dungeons I'm matching the healer and healing myself more than they are, and I get told that I'm easy to run with.

So I think the results can end up pretty much the same.

Bonus Armor to me seems like a more passive way to help the healers, and going for STR and Mastery etc a more active way. I'll try seek bonus armor and see how that goes. I play Frost as well so alot of my gear i get via Frost loot rolls.

BA is one of the best secondary stat (i think)

>reduce incoming physical damage.
>increase AP (1 BA = 1 AP)
>DS scale on our AP.

So it increase our active&passive mitigation :o (and our DPS)

what did we need more?

Stam flask is better in larger group sizes (20+) since it gives you more effective health and gives the healers more room to avoid over healing you.

Str flask is better for smaller group sizes (< 20) since it will help your self healing and overall survivability more than a stam flask. I'd say for any given fight if the healers are doing the majority of the healing on you then you should stam flask. if you're covering 40-50%+ of your healing through self heals then str flask.

Back to the original question, it really depends on the itemization. In the case of a 670 Ko'raghs vs. 655 Collar of Wailing Mouths. the stats on Korag's are still ok for tanking since it has mastery, and versatility isn't the best, but at least it isn't multistrike. The extra ilvl should definitely make the 670 better. Since almost every stat has some survivability benefit for Blood then often times the higher ilvl will be the better piece, unless you're just comparing a warforged piece to non warforged, 6 ilvl wouldn't be enough to make ko'ragh's better, but 15 ilvl definitely makes it better.