FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
orusz

Help with sub spec

Hello guys...

I having problems with sub spec. I play since lich king expanson with assassin spec, and now with sub, it's hard to get used...

My equipment is focused on multistrike (16% unbuffed) - gems & enchants.

I'm in trouble with dps specifically... Even with the exchange of talent: rogue_shadowfocus.jpgShadow Focus to rogue_subterfuge.jpgSubterfuge) and opener (spell_shadow_possession.jpgPremeditation - ability_rogue_slicedice.jpgSlice and Dice - ability_rogue_garrote.jpgGarrote - rogue_shadow_reflection.jpgShadow Reflection - ability_rogue_ambush.jpgAmbush - ability_rogue_rupture.jpgRupture - ability_rogue_shadowdance.jpgShadow Dance [spam ability_rogue_ambush.jpgAmbush-ability_rogue_eviscerate.jpgEviscerate]

My damage(burst) starts at 50~60k, but during the fight, drop to 20k! and in accordance with my gear (Ilvl 663) something is wrong. I dont know what Im doing, Im always refreshing ability_rogue_slicedice.jpgSlice and Dice (100% UPTIME) and ability_rogue_rupture.jpgRupture between 2-4 secs. Using ability_backstab.jpgBackstab as CP builder and spell_shadow_lifedrain.jpgHemorrhage debuff (ability_rogue_sanguinaryvein.jpgSanguinary Vein)

I always use CDs when as possible, during ability_rogue_findweakness.jpgFind Weakness, I just spam ability_rogue_ambush.jpgAmbush-ability_rogue_eviscerate.jpgEviscerate, refreshing dots before ability_rogue_shadowdance.jpgShadow Dance or ability_vanish.jpgVanish.

what am I doing wrong? sad.png

The log is available for evaluation.

Profile: us.battle.net/wow/pt/character/azralon/Orusz/advanced

Last log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mBP6fFG4TdZDnkgj#type=summary&source=2

Your Rupture and SnD uptime is very low, with 80% and 90% respectively. Your opener is also not the best, check out this post that I made where I talk about openers for a couple other guys:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/9875-n00b-sub-questions/#entry94806

Make sure you always always always have Rupture on your target - it's your highest damage skill 

Your Rupture and SnD uptime is very low, with 80% and 90% respectively. Your opener is also not the best, check out this post that I made where I talk about openers for a couple other guys:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/9875-n00b-sub-questions/#entry94806

Make sure you always always always have Rupture on your target - it's your highest damage skill 

Hm,

Ok, but what you mean with very low uptime? I need refresh with 7-10 secs?I doing with 2-3 secs...

Yes, sometimes I drop Rupture :(

I thought that was only for Slice

SnD is your energy regen, and Rupture is a lot of your damage - they both need maximum uptime, so yes you should be refreshing with a few seconds left to avoid them falling off.

For this reason, it's a good idea to always stay around 6-7 cp's, so that you can react to a surprise couple multistrikes from BS that ends up with Rupture running out

The first log you posted had 80% Rupture and 90% SnD uptime. It's a good improvement, but you should try and aim for a littler higher uptime on Rupture

Hey,

I am maining a subtlety rogue and I think that I can be to your help with my experiences.

You can refresh Rupture at 7.2 seconds and Slice and Dice around 11 seconds (Rupture is exactly 7.2, SnD's 11 sec is an estimation). I can only join the others who have pointed out the below average uptimes, mainly on Rupture and Slice and Dice.. but what you forgot are Find Weakness and Shadow Dance uptimes, which are just as important if not more important than Rupture and SnD!

I have checked your log of a heroic Imperator wipe, which has a decent uptime on Rupture (93%+) and an outstandingly good on SnD (99%+, though it is useless on Imperator to have a 99+ uptime on that since there are times when you can't attack anything), however... your Find Weakness uptime is really-really low along with Shadow Dance. Both are your bread and butter as a Subtlety Rogue.

What I advise you to do is the following: download TellMeWhen and configure it so that you see the cooldown on Vanish and Shadow Dance in the middle of your screen (that's what I do).

Here is my log on a heroic Imperator wipe with a duration of 7:35: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HBNwztMD3LZhaRYV#fight=8&type=auras&source=8&by=target&spells=debuffs

Check my FW (Find Weakness uptime), it is almost 42% compared to your 27.77%. Also, my Shadow Dance uptime is 15.37% whereas yours is 9.63%. What I am trying to say is that you need to pay more attention to your cooldowns, Shadow Dance and Vanish, respectively. Subtlety is not a specialization where your cooldowns are extremely long - you have to rotate them frequently. A tip: the maximum Shadow Dance uptime can be 16.67%. Aim for that 15%+, and you are going to do so much more DPS. :)

• Like 1

Hey,

I am maining a subtlety rogue and I think that I can be to your help with my experiences.

You can refresh Rupture at 7.2 seconds and Slice and Dice around 11 seconds (Rupture is exactly 7.2, SnD's 11 sec is an estimation). I can only join the others who have pointed out the below average uptimes, mainly on Rupture and Slice and Dice.. but what you forgot are Find Weakness and Shadow Dance uptimes, which are just as important if not more important than Rupture and SnD!

I have checked your log of a heroic Imperator wipe, which has a decent uptime on Rupture (93%+) and an outstandingly good on SnD (99%+, though it is useless on Imperator to have a 99+ uptime on that since there are times when you can't attack anything), however... your Find Weakness uptime is really-really low along with Shadow Dance. Both are your bread and butter as a Subtlety Rogue.

What I advise you to do is the following: download TellMeWhen and configure it so that you see the cooldown on Vanish and Shadow Dance in the middle of your screen (that's what I do).

Here is my log on a heroic Imperator wipe with a duration of 7:35: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HBNwztMD3LZhaRYV#fight=8&type=auras&source=8&by=target&spells=debuffs

Check my FW (Find Weakness uptime), it is almost 42% compared to your 27.77%. Also, my Shadow Dance uptime is 15.37% whereas yours is 9.63%. What I am trying to say is that you need to pay more attention to your cooldowns, Shadow Dance and Vanish, respectively. Subtlety is not a specialization where your cooldowns are extremely long - you have to rotate them frequently. A tip: the maximum Shadow Dance uptime can be 16.67%. Aim for that 15%+, and you are going to do so much more DPS. smile.png

First, I thank all you guys for the help..

Yes, my find weakness and shadow dance comparing with you is really low...

Yes, I track vanish and shadow dance CD's, and I use whenever I can

What do you recommend to maximize shadow dance/find weakness uptime?Sometimes I need refresh rupture or slice in dance, even I refreshing before dance/vanish...., this is awful...the problem may be it. 

I recorded a video with my opener, I think it's more important than normal rotation (keeping debuffs, slice, etc)

(maybe still rendering on youtube)

Note 1: I dont know what is happening but all my skill tracks are delayed (1s), then... nevermind about that (How do I fix that pleaseee). Using TELLMEWHEN. Same problem with weak auras. Already tried disable all addons, but nothing changed.
Note 2: My wow language is portuguese, but you can understand (skill icons biggrin.png)
Note 3: In the final seconds I refresh RUPTURE instead SLICE sad.png
Note 4: playing without HaT :/

Addons:
comergy - energy
tell me when - tracks
ui - dominos
dps - skada

MACROS:

#showtooltip SHADOW DANCE MACRO
/cancelaura Subterfuge
/cast Shadow Dance

#showtooltip USEFULL PREM+AMBUSH+BACKSTAB MACRO