TBC Classic Guide to Rogues' Best Addons
Welcome to our Addons guide for Rogues where you will find out what the best addons are for your Rogue in TBC Classic.
TBC Classic Rogue Addons and Weak Auras
Best Addons for TBC Classic Rogues
Below are some recommended addons for your character in your journey through The Burning Crusade Classic! Many of these are vital towards raiding at a high level, while others are great for quality of life. These are a few examples of essential addons and Weak Auras that are out there.
Complete UI replacement: ElvUI TBC Classic
ElvUI TBC Classic, just like its retail counterpart, allows you to replace most elements of the default UI with a customizable, modern set of action bars, unit frames and most other conveniences you can think of. By using ElvUI you can avoid using a lot of other, narrower, addons.
Alternatively, TukUI lacks some of ElvUI's functionalities but is even cleaner, if you prefer a minimalistic UI.
Bartender 4 is an action bar replacement that lets you customize it and move bars anywhere. This is a great alternative to players who want aesthetic and consolidated bars without replacing their entire UI with ElvUI.
NugEnergy is one of my favorite and most simple addons out there. It is a simple bar that tracks when your energy ticks. This is great for optimizing when to use abilities or when to use an opener on an enemy for most efficient energy usage.
Questie TBC Classic
Questie TBC Classic marks level-appropriate quests you can pick up and quest objectives you can turn in on your world map and minimap. Use it for efficiency, or choose not to for the real Vanilla Experience!
There are many guides available to download at Guidelime's Guidelist for all level ranges.
Weak Auras allows you to configure all types of warnings for yourself with a simple user interface.
Due to its large user base, there is a huge library of auras already created for you to import at Wago TBC — make sure to search through the library for custom weak auras to add to your UI! It is highly recommended that you use Weak Auras in your wow gameplay experience.
Here are a few useful Rogue Weak Auras that are a good start to use:
- Trinkets and CD Tracker shows timers for your cooldowns and trinkets, which will allow you to optimize your DPS.
- Not's Rogue Auras this is your all-in-one Rogue Weak Aura tracker that shows weapon enchant timers for Poisons or Windfury, swing timer, Mongoose and Crusader procs, all abilities and more! You can easily customize these auras as well to remove or add things to your liking.
- Plate Buffs shows debuffs on enemy nameplates;
- Energy Bar + Ticker is very important — this tracks your Energy ticks which will allow you to know exactly when you will get each tick of Energy regeneration.
- Sarthe - Rogue Debuffs is a simple debuff tracker that shows remaining time of your debuffs on your current target.
Details Damage Meter
You can get the latest version of Details here. This addon serves as a damage meter, healing meter, dispel meter and death log, all in one! While it is not as complete as a Warcraft Logs parse, it is the closest thing to it.
ItemRack allows you to configure and quickly swap between different sets of gear. This is incredibly useful for easy swapping between PvP and PvE gear, or between different PvE sets depending on boss fights.
Addons for TBC Classic Raiding
While the previous addons dealt with general UI, which is your main priority, when you start raiding you will want to have a few more tricks up your sleeve to make your life easier.
Boss Mods: Deadly Boss Mods
Boss mods are addons that warn you about boss abilities and give you live advice on how to handle some mechanics. Deadly Boss Mods is the most popular one.
Party / Raid Frames: VuhDo
As a rogue it is not entirely important to have raid frames but being able to see when people die on frames will let you know if you need to react through evasion tanking or any sort of crowd control! VuhDo is a solid choice for unit frames that are hihgly customizable as well.
A threat meter is indispensable for raiding in TBC Classic, as you should always aim to deal damage as much as possible without pulling threat from the tanks. We recommend using the TinyThreat plugin for Details Damage Meter, which you can find out how to configure in this video by Autonomic.
TBC Classic Rogue Macros
Macros are a great complement to addons for your TBC Classic experience, allowing you to do more with fewer buttons in your interface.
For this reason, we recommend that you also read our Rogue Macros page, in order to improve your gameplay experience!
- 11 Jun. 2021: Guide added.
- 19 Jun. 2021: Added NugEnergy.
- Season of Discovery Global Launch Times: When Does the Update Go Live?
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer