TBC Classic Rogue DPS Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Rogue DPS in TBC Classic for PvE content.
Choosing a Stat
The Burning Crusade requires fewer consumables and enchants than Classic, but each of them is extremely important to maximizing your damage output in any situation. Below is a list of the optimal consumables and enchants to help you get the most out of your Rogue.
Best Enchants for Rogues
|Head||Glyph of Ferocity|
|Shoulders||Might of the Scourge or Greater Inscription of Vengeance (Aldor)/ Greater Inscription of the Blade (Scryer).|
|Back||Enchant Cloak - Greater Agility|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Exceptional Stats|
|Bracers||Enchant Bracer - Assault|
|Gloves||Enchant Gloves - Superior Agility|
|Legs||Nethercobra Leg Armor|
|Feet*||Enchant Boots - Dexterity, Enchant Boots - Surefooted or Enchant Boots - Cat's Swiftness|
|Melee Weapon||Enchant Weapon - Mongoose|
*Note: If you are not using a Swift Skyfire Diamond then I would recommend Enchant Boots - Cat's Swiftness. Movement speed is extremely important and will outweigh the +6 Agility bonus you get from Dexterity. Surefooted is generally worse than Dexterity, but has similar or near identical EP values towards the end of Sunwell.
If you move more than 2 seconds every minute in a fight, then Cat's Swiftness outperforms Dexterity. If you plan to maximize your DPS, you can also have two pairs of the same boots with separate enchants, depending on the fight.
Best Gems for Rogues
- Yellow Sockets: Rigid Dawnstone/ Rigid Lionseye
- Red Sockets: Glinting Noble Topaz/ Glinting Pyrestone. If hit-capped, then Delicate Living Ruby/ Delicate Crimson Spinel.
- Blue Sockets: Shifting Nightseye/ Shifting Shadowsong Amethyst
- Meta Gem: Relentless Earthstorm Diamond or Swift Skyfire Diamond
Relentless Earthstorm Diamond is the most powerful meta gem and it will require 2 blue gems, 2 red gems, and 2 yellow gems in order to activate it.
The general rule for gemming as a Rogue is to ignore all sockets that are not red or yellow and gem pure Hit where you can. Once you reach hit-cap, start gemming pure Agility for boss DPS. A good option is to socket a lot of your pieces with orange Agility Hit gems as both Agility and Hit scale very similarly.
If you are using Relentless, use two blue sockets with the best offensive bonuses to put in 2x Shifting Nightseye/Shifting Shadowsong Amethysts.
Best Consumables for Rogues
- Elixir/Flask — Elixir of Demonslaying when applicable. In all other scenarios, you will use Flask of Relentless Assault.
- Food Buff — Spicy Hot Talbuk, if under hit cap by 20 or more, or Warp Burger/ Grilled Mudfish if less than 20 under hit cap or at hit cap.
- Potion — Haste Potions should be used nearly on cooldown to maximize your DPS. There are also some situations where Free Action Potion is a better choice over Haste Potion — when you are going against enemies that stun. One example of this is Kaz'rogal in Mount Hyjal.
- Misc Consumes — You can also use Thistle Tea to give you a small edge in DPS, but it does share a cooldown with Healthstone.
- Scrolls — Scroll of Agility V and Scroll of Strength V are also on the table for consumables and should be used when wanting to maximize damage.
- Bombs — Super Sapper Charge and Goblin Sapper Charge share cooldowns with Drums in TBC, but if you do not have to worry about using them, they are a great way to deal some instant damage or AOE damage in fights.
- Drums — Drums of Battle are extremely strong for at least one person to use in your party, but generally will be done by one of the support roles.
Note: Thistle Tea and Flame Cap both share the same cooldown, but you can generally get a Flame Cap usage in between Thistle Tea because Tea has a 5-minute CD.
- 30 May 2021: Guide added.
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Wrath Classic Class Vs. Spec Balance, Featuring Retribution Paladins
- Wrath Classic 3.4.1 PTR: Titan Rune Dungeons, Argent Tournament
- Official Controller Support Coming to Wrath Classic in the Ulduar Patch
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: November 18th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Gold Cap Will Not Be Increased in Wrath Classic