TBC Classic Guide to Hunters' Best Macros
Welcome to our Macros guide for Hunter, where you will find out what the best Macros are for your Hunter in The Burning Crusade Classic.
While this is not an exhaustive list of all possible/useful macros, we will be exemplifying almost all macro functionalities below. Use these templates as an example and replace their spells with the ones you feel will be most useful to you, personally.
Macros for Hunters in Burning Crusade Classic
Auto Shot Macro
- #showtooltip Auto Shot
- /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
- /cast !Auto Shot
This is a simple macro that makes it so you cannot cancel your Auto Shot if you spam the button. Pressing this will always start an Auto Shot. This macro will also automatically target a viable enemy in front of you if you do not have something already targeted.
- #showtooltip Steady Shot
- /cast Kill Command
- /cast Steady Shot
Kill Command is your highest priority ability, and is also off the GCD. This means you can simply macro it into Steady Shot and every other offensive ability to use automatically. You should not need to think about using it ever, it should just be used whenever available.
- /cast Raptor Strike
- /cast Mongoose Bite
Normally, if you run into melee range to try and Raptor Strike your target, there will be a delay since your character will want to keep using your Auto Shot on the target. You will then only use your melee attack once clearly in melee range. This macro enables you to try and queue up a melee attack while running into melee range, allowing you to get your first hit off faster by canceling your ranged Auto Shots while running in.
Hunter's Mark Macro
- #showtooltip Hunter's Mark
- /cast Hunter's Mark
A simple but useful macro that commands your pet to attack a target while also casting Hunter's Mark on it. This is very useful for opening on new targets while soloing when you want your pet to tank.
Feign Death Macro
- #showtooltip Feign Death
- /cast Feign Death
This will cast Feign Death while stopping all attacks from you and your pet, ensuring that you will not immediately re-draw aggro from the target.
Scatter Shot Macro
- #showtooltip Scatter Shot
- /cast Scatter Shot
Places your pet on passive when you cast Scatter Shot so your pet does not attack the target and break the disorientation effect.
- /cast Dash
One of the biggest signs of a good hunter is pet control. You need to be able to quickly and efficiently call your pet back to your side or send it out to attack depending on what is needed. This macro is meant to call your pet back to your side as quickly as possible. This should be complimented with pet attack macros on your abilities, such as on Hunter's Mark.
- #showtooltip Roasted Quail
- /cast [pet, nodead] Feed Pet
- /use FOOD OF CHOICE
This is just a convenient one-button macro to feed your pet. Just replace the "FOOD OF CHOICE" with the name of whatever food you want to feed your pet with.
Hunter Addons in Burning Crusade Classic
Macros are very important in making your character play as smoothly as possible, but so do addons, for which reason we recommend that you also read our Hunter Addons page.
- 14 Jun. 2021: Guide added.
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank