Classic Guide to Shamans' Best Macros
Welcome to our Macros guide for Shamans where you will find out what the best macros are for your Shaman in TBC Classic.
The objective of our macros section will be to teach you some of the most common ways to build useful macros, so that you can copy-paste the code and just change the skills written, in order to expand the functionality to whichever skill you wish. Thus, we will avoid posting multiple versions of the same type of macro.
Macros for Shamans in TBC Classic
Weapon Sync Macro
As explained in the rotation section, you can increase your DPS by having your weapons in sync, so that the main-hand will proc most Windfuries and benefit from most of your Flurry uptime.
This macro works alongside our recommended Weak Aura to force your weapon swings to sync, as long as you press it in the correct moments.
Totem Twisting Macro
- /castsequence reset=8 Windfury Totem, Grace of Air Totem
With this macro, you can have a single button for your Totem Twisting rotation, saving you a keybind. You can have any time in the reset, as long as it is over 2-3 seconds, to allow you to place Grace of Air Totem immediately after Windfury Totem.
- #showtooltip Earth Shock
- /cast Earth Shock(rank 1)
Sometimes, you really want to get a spell out as soon as possible, such as when using Earth Shock on an enemy caster. For these cases, it is very useful to have a /stopcasting macro, ensuring that your current cast does not interfere with the timing of your interrupt.
Putting the rank number you want to use right after the spell name will allow you to pick a specific rank, the first one in this case. If you wish to see the tooltip of the rank you picked, you need to specify it on the #showtooltip part as well.
- #showtooltip Chain Heal
- /cast [@mouseover] Chain Heal
While this type of macro can be used with crowd control or damage spells as well, it is especially useful while healing, as it allows you to instantly heal someone in your raid frames without needing to select them first. That will improve your reaction times, which is critical for healers, and allow you to keep an enemy target selected so you can track their casts in case a quick interrupt is required.
Button Reduction Macros
One Button Buffing
- /castsequence reset=2 Lightning Shield, Windfury Weapon
This macro will allow you to quickly buff yourself, saving one button in the process. Since you will have to refresh Lightning Shield much more often than Windfury Weapon, the reset=2 condition allows you to do so efficiently, only doing the second quick press for Windfury Weapon when it has expired.
One Button Healing or DPSing
- /cast [@mouseover, help, nodead] Lesser Healing Wave;
- [harm, nodead] Lightning Bolt
This macro allows you to heal a friendly mouseover target that is alive, or alternatively damage an enemy target with Lightning Bolt, saving you a button in the process.
Weapon Swap Macro
- /equip Tomahawk
- /equip Worn Large Shield
- /equip Large Axe
This macro allows you to swap between a defensive one-hand plus shield combination and an offensive two-hander weapon on each keypress. This is very useful to save time when swapping between styles in PvP.
Rare Tagging / Targeting Macro
- /target Kuz
- /cast Earth Shock
Shaman is probably the fastest tagger in TBC Classic, mostly due to Earth Shock being instant cast and often beating the instants of other classes. Make sure to use a macro like this one so that you never lose a tag battle with other groups!
TBC Classic Shaman Addons
Macros are very important in making your character play as smoothly as possible, but so are addons, and for that reason we recommend that you also read our Shaman Addons page.
- 14 Jun. 2021: Added weapon syncing and Totem Twisting macro.
- 04 Jun. 2021: Explained how #showtooltip works with specified rank macros.
- 31 May 2021: Page added.
- Infinite A'dal Vs. Terokk Fist Fight - Brilliant Bug Use
- Bans Going Out for Ogri'la Quest Exploit, Up to 6 Months + Hilarious Hotfix Consequences
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour
- Serpentshrine Cavern Classic Cleared in Under an Hour World First by Progress
- Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Is Now Live!
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 2 "Not a Bug" List
- BCC Phase 2: Overlords of Outland Launch Delayed
- Overlords of Outland Guides for Burning Crusade Classic
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC
- New onyxia kill time