Shaman Class Overview
Shamans are the jack of all trades, who also double as masters of all trades in the Burning Crusade Classic!
Providing essential buff totems such as Wrath of Air Totem and Windfury Totem, as well as the quintessencial Bloodlust and Heroism, there is never a good reason not to invite a Shaman to any group.
Races For Shamans
In TBC Classic Shamans can be Draenei if you are playing Alliance or Orc, Troll, and Tauren if you are Horde.
TBC Classic Shaman FAQ
Are Shamans good in TBC?
Shamans are the best support class in TBC. All three Shaman specializations have a raiding spot and perform well in 5v5 Arena. Between Bloodlust and the multiple spell and physical support totems, all groups benefit greatly from having multiple Shamans.
What weapon imbues should I use as Enhancement in TBC Classic?
You should use Rockbiter Weapon until you unlock Windfury Weapon at level 30, at which point you will be using it on all of your weapons, including when dual-wielding.
Should I hold Stormstrike to proc Windfury ASAP?
Windfury Weapon has a 3 second internal cooldown, and procs off of your attacks, which include the extra Stormstrike hits. This means that, ideally, you will want to use Stormstrike when outside the Windfury internal cooldown period to maximize its chances of happening!
Can Shamans tank in TBC?
Even though they have a few abilities that cause extra threat and can use shields, Shamans lack a taunt ability and are not very durable against bosses, so we would not recommend you to try tanking anything higher than normal dungeons.
What is the best Shaman race?
If you are playing in the Alliance faction, you can only be Draenei who are a weak race for personal DPS, but do bring a valuable spell hit aura racial. In the Horde, Orcs are the best for PvP and Enhancement and Trolls are the best for PvE Restoration and Elemental.
What are the best Shaman professions?
Shamans are able to choose from 3 specializations: Elemental, Enhancement, and Restoration.
- Elemental is a caster-DPS specialization that deals damage through spells such as Lightning Bolt and has caster support totems such as Totem of Wrath.
- Enhancement is a melee-DPS specialization that deals damage through auto-attacks and melee abilities such as Stormstrike while dual wielding. It provides physical support totems such as Grace of Air Totem.
- Restoration is a healer specialization that heals allies through spells such as Chain Heal and provides general support totems such as Healing Stream Totem.
While every class has some kind of class-specific questlines, Shamans need to earn their four elemental totems through questing, and cannot use any totems of an elemental they have not quested for beforehand.
Earth, Fire, Water, and Air are the elements you will pursue across Azeroth. We have every single step of the way detailed for you in our Shaman Questing guide below:
Gearing a Shaman
Shamans are relatively easy class to gear, especially when performing caster or healer roles, as Spell Damage or Spell Healing Mail armor is only used by Shamans and Paladins.
Enhancement Shamans might have a harder time, as their physical damage loot is also often used by Hunters, Rogues, Warriors, Retribution Paladins, and Feral Druids.
Shamans are able to wear Cloth and Leather, and can also learn how to use Mail armor at the class trainer after reaching Level 40.
Shamans already know, or can learn, how to use staves, daggers, one-handed and two-handed maces, one-handed and two-handed axes, and fist weapons.
You can learn more about weapons for Shamans in our specialized guide below:
Shaman Addons and Macros
Using addons and macros can simplify your life in Azeroth immensely. We have multiple recommendations for both categories in our Shaman Addons and Shaman Macros guides linked below:
Shaman Guides for TBC Classic
If the rest of the page caught your attention, make sure to check out our in-depth guides for leveling a Shaman and how to get on your feet running as a fresh Level 58 boosted character in the links below!
- Shaman Leveling Guide
- Elemental Shaman Leveling Guide
- Elemental Shaman Level 58 Guide
- Enhancement Shaman Leveling Guide
- Enhancement Shaman Level 58 Boost Guide
- Restoration Shaman Leveling Guide
- Restoration Shaman Level 58 Boost Guide
You might also want to check out our full class guides, which teach you how to play your class at the new Level 70 cap!
- 31 May 2021: Added links to other useful general Shaman guides.
- 26 May 2021: Gearing text fixes.
- 23 May 2021: Added FAQ.
- 18 May 2021: Page added.
- Overlords of Outland (Burning Crusade Classic Phase 2) Hitting PTR Soon
- Ben Brode Talks About a Harrasment Situation, Reports and Firings and More
- Blizzard Staff Respond to Lawsuit and Internal Mails
- Updated: (Comments on Afrasiabi) Chris Metzen's Response to the Activision Blizzard Lawsuit
- Mike Morhaime, Former Blizzard CEO, Responds to the Lawsuit Allegations
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- Same-Faction Battleground Explanations and More Testing in BCC
- One of the More Amazing Bot-Cleansing Videos
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC
- New onyxia kill time