Auriaya Encounter Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Overview of Auriaya in Wrath of the Lich King Classic
Auriaya is technically an optional boss and can be skipped by avoiding her patrol route. If you choose to engage her, you will deal with her and the army of cats she has at her disposal. This encounter mostly comes down to how your raid initially engages the boss. Auriaya herself is not too dangerous, but the 4 Sanctum Sentrys accompanying her can very quickly kill your tank in a split second. Figuring out a solid pulling strategy that works for your group is the critical factor to repeat success on this encounter.
Role-Specific Tips for Auriaya
- Melee DPS will need to quickly move in front of the boss to soak damage from the Sonic Screech.
- Be cautious on the pull; allow the tanks to go in first to control the adds and the bosses position
- Quickly burn down the Sanctum Sentrys at the start of the fight, or your tank will die when they run out of cooldowns.
- Be ready with large heals and defensive cooldowns on the tank assigned to the Sanctum Sentrys at the start of the fight.
- If the Feral Defender is left alive and not stunned, random raid members will start taking moderate Shadow damage. Be ready to top them up quickly.
- Surviving the initial pull against the 4 Sanctum Sentrys is the most dangerous part of the fight. Rotate between your defensive cooldowns and any external cooldowns available to survive this.
- Keep Auriaya facing toward the raid group to split the damage from the Sonic Screech.
- You can force the Feral Defender to attack you with taunt, allowing you to drag it away from the raid right before it dies if it is not stunned.
Auriaya Encounter Abilities
Feral Defender Abilities
Strategy for Auriaya
The most difficult part of this encounter is getting a reliable pull. The 4 Sanctum Sentrys hit extremely hard thanks to the Strength of the Pack they are all providing to each other. Tanks will need to use personal cooldowns upon engaging the boss, as these 4 adds will all hit like trucks. The tank assigned to these adds must have a large cooldown running on them. The raid will want to quickly AoE these adds down on the pull, burning all major cooldowns to kill them off as soon as possible, or else your tank will run out of cooldowns and die.
Auriaya herself is much less of a threat. Have your tank face her towards the raid as she will constantly cast Sonic Screech, which deals massive damage but is split between all players hit. Melee DPS can alternate between DPSing from behind Auriaya, then moving to her front to soak the Sonic Screech. Auriaya will also cast Guardian Swarm, summoning a pack of Swarming Guardians that can be instantly AoE'd down.
Auriaya will also summon a Feral Defender shortly into the fight. This cat ignores threat but can be taunted for the brief fixate and pounces on random players dealing moderate Shadow damage. The Feral Defender can also be stunned, preventing it from dealing any damage for a short time. Have your second tank try to grab these when they spawn, and all DPS swap to kill this add quickly. When it dies, it drops Seeping Feral Essence around its body. If the add dies in the raid, the entire raid must move a few steps out of the pool. Ideally, your tank will taunt the mob shortly before it dies, drag it away from the raid, and stun it so that it does not die on top of everyone.
Auriaya 10-Player Loot
|Cover of the Keepers
|Mantle of the Preserver
|Ironaya's Discarded Mantle
|Raiments of the Corrupted
|Chestplate of Titanic Fury
|Nimble Climber's Belt
|Archaedas' Lost Legplates
|Elemental Focus Stone
|Shieldwall of the Breaker
Auriaya 25-Player Loot
|Cowl of the Absolute
|Amice of the Stoic Watch
|Shoulderplates of the Eternal
|Cloak of the Makers
|Gloves of the Stonereaper
|Sandals of the Ancient Keeper
|Greaves of the Rockmender
|Ring of the Faithful Servant
|Platinum Band of the Aesir
|Main Hand Sword
|One Hand Mace
|Libram of the Resolute
|Fragment of Val'anyr
|Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings
Auriaya is just one of the 14 encounters present in the Ulduar raid of Wrath of the Lich King Classic. If you would like to learn more about the other fights and their respective loot, please see our Ulduar Raid Hub page below.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Page added.
- Season of Discovery XP Buff Is Live Now!
- WoW Classic Era Maintenance Notes: February 6th
- Blizzard Teases Cozy Sleeping Bag for SoD Phase 2
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- New World Buff Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- A List of All Runes Coming in Season of Discovery Phase 2
- Blizzard Bans GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Starting February 8
- NO GDKP Runs in Season of Discovery Phase 2