WotLK Classic Frost Death Knight Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Frost Death Knight in WotLK Classic for PvE content.
Choosing a Stat
Wrath of the Lich King requires fewer consumables and enchants than Classic or The Burning Crusade, but each of them is extremely important to maximizing your damage out put and survivability in any situation; this is especially true in Raids and Dungeons. Below is a list of the optimal consumables and enchants to help you get the most out of your Death Knight.
The advice given on this page uses the stat priority of Hit > Expertise > Strength > Armor Penetration > Critical > Haste > Attack Power > Agility. You can find an explanation for this priority over on our Stats page.
Best Enchants for Frost Death Knight
|Head||Arcanum of Torment — from the Knights of the Ebon Blade in Icecrown.|
|Shoulders||Greater Inscription of the Axe, — from the Sons of Hodir in Storm Peaks|
|Back||Enchant Cloak - Greater Speed|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats|
|Bracers||Enchant Bracers - Greater Assault|
|Gloves||Enchant Gloves - Precision|
|Legs||Icescale Leg Armor|
|Feet||Enchant Boots - Icewalker|
|Main Hand Weapon||Rune of Razorice|
|Off Hand Weapon||Rune of the Fallen Crusader|
Best Gems for Frost Death Knights
Relentless Earthsiege Diamond is by far the best option for your Meta Gem, as it gives a considerable amount of crit and increases the damage dealt by your critical strikes by 3% while also being easily activated by Enchanted Tear.
Matching gem sockets in Wrath of the Lich King is usually the correct strategy as many socket bonuses are geared toward stats that you want whereas in The Burning Crusade their usefulness could vary. As a Frost Death Knight, however, there is such a large emphasis on the value of Strength that you will oftentimes ignore bonuses that do not result in more Strength. Keeping your Meta Gem activated is by far the most important rule when deciding what gems to use, but below we will list what are most likely to be the best gems for each socket type.
- In Red Sockets you will use Bold Cardinal Ruby.
- In Yellow Sockets, depending on your need for Hit, you can gem for Etched Ametrine. But again, following the rule of mostly prioritizing Strength (after Hit cap) you will mostly want to use more Bold Cardinal Ruby.
- One of your Blue Sockets should be dedicated to the Enchanted Tear but otherwise you should ignore socket bonuses that do not result in more Strength; thus you should use more Bold Cardinal Ruby in these sockets.
Best Consumables for Frost Death Knights
Dragonfin Filet is a great choice for a personal consumable and will offer you Strength as well as Stamina, but more often than not in a group enviorment someone will have a Fish Feast which will more than suffice. Leveling your Cooking helps considerably in reducing the cost of these and, as a secondary profession, everyone can learn it with no limitations.
Flasks and Potions
Frost Death Knights greatly value Attack Power when Strength is not an option. With the way the consumables are weighted flasks are by far the strongest option in Wrath of the Lich King, so here you should choose Flask of Endless Rage.
As for a potion, when specced into Bladed Armor Indestructible Potion will yield a larger DPS increase thanks to its longer duration. Otherwise, Potion of Speed greatly increases your Haste for a short period and can allow for you to maximize your damage. Make sure you are using your chosen potion both on pre-pull and again when it is off cooldown for a considerable DPS increase.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 23 Aug. 2022: Page added.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Honor Decay Removed In Season of Discovery and Classic Era
- Season of Discovery Launch Times
- Season of Discovery Will Launch With Fewer Realms
- Icecrown Citadel Player Buff Coming Early December
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer
- WoW Classic Patch 1.15.0 Notes