WotLK Classic Protection Paladin Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Protection Paladin in WotLK Classic for PvE content.
Choosing a Stat
Wrath of the Lich King requires fewer consumables and enchants than Classic or The Burning Crusade, but each of them is extremely important to maximizing your damage out put and survivability in any situation, but especially in Raids and Dungeons. Below will be a list of the optimal consumables and enchants to help you get the most out of your Paladin.
The advice given on this page uses the stat priority of Defense (to 540) -> Stamina -> Block Value -> Expertise -> Hit Cap -> Dodge -> Parry You can find an explanation for this priority over on our Stats page.
Best Enchants for Protection Paladin
|Head||Arcanum of the Stalwart Protector — Revered with the Argent Crusade in Icecrown.|
|Shoulders||Greater Inscription of the Gladiator, — from your faction's Honor quartermaster in Stormwind or Orgrimmar|
|Back||Enchant Cloak - Major Agility|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats|
|Bracers||Enchant Bracers - Major Stamina|
|Gloves||Enchant Gloves - Precision|
|Legs||Frosthide Leg Armor|
|Feet||Enchant Boots - Greater Fortitude|
|Melee Weapon||Scroll of Enchant Weapon - Mongoose|
Best Gems for Protection Paladin
Austere Earthsiege Diamond is by far the best option for your Meta Gem, as it gives a considerable amount of Stamina and increases the amount of Armor you receive from your gear by 2% making every piece and point of Armor even more valuable for mitigating Physical damage.
Matching gem sockets in Wrath of the Lich King is usually the correct strategy as many socket bonuses are geared toward stats that you want whereas in The Burning Crusade their usefulness could vary. Keeping your Meta Gem activated is by far the most important rule when deciding what gems to use but below we will list what are likely to be the best gems for each socket type.
- In Red Sockets, you will use Sovereign Twilight Opal.
- In Yellow Sockets, you will use Enduring Forest Emerald or Vivid Forest Emerald depending on if you are defense capped or need Hit rating. If you need neither consider ignoring the socket bonus for Solid Sky Sapphires instead.
- In Blue Sockets, you will use Solid Sky Sapphire but if you are struggling for defense cap or need Hit cap for taunt consider Enduring Forest Emerald or Vivid Forest Emerald for these slots.
Best Consumables for Protection Paladin
Blackened Dragonfin is a great choice for a personal consumable and will offer you Armor from the Agility as well as Stamina, but more often than not in a group environment someone will have a Fish Feast which will more than suffice. Leveling your Cooking helps considerably in reducing the cost of these and, as a secondary profession, everyone can learn it with no limitations.
Flasks and Potions
Protection Paladins greatly value health and Flask of Stoneblood provides a lot of it; the stat value of flasks in Wrath of the Lich King makes them the default choice for most classes.
Indestructible Potion are a nice added cooldown to allow you to mitigate even more Physical damage, so make sure to have them on hand to pre-pot to ease into pulling the boss or using it as a defensive cool down if needed.
Potion of Speed greatly increases your Haste for a short period and can allow for you to maximize your damage/threat generation, so consider using this pre-pull or if you need snap threat.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 01 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Blizzard Discusses WoW Token in Classic
- WoW Token Added to Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Is Back!
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look