WotLK Classic Retribution Paladin Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Retribution Paladin in WotLK Classic for PvE content.
Choosing a Stat
Wrath of the Lich King requires fewer consumables and enchants than Classic or The Burning Crusade, but each of them is extremely important to maximizing your damage out put and survivability in any situation, but especially in Raids and Dungeons. Below will be a list of the optimal consumables and enchants to help you get the most out of your Paladin.
The advice given on this page uses the stat priority of Hit Rating (To cap) -> Expertise -> Strength -> Agility -> Critical Strike -> Attack Power -> Haste. You can find an explanation for this priority over on our Stats page.
Best Enchants for Retribution Paladin
|Head||Arcanum of Torment — Revered with the Knights of the Ebon Blade in Icecrown.|
|Shoulders||Greater Inscription of the Axe, — Exalted with the Sons of Hodir in Storm Peaks|
|Back||Enchant Cloak - Greater Speed|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Powerful Stats|
|Bracers||Enchant Bracers - Greater Assault|
|Gloves||Enchant Gloves - Precision|
|Legs||Icescale Leg Armor|
|Feet||Enchant Boots - Icewalker|
|Main hand Weapon||Enchant Weapon - Berserking|
Best Gems for Retribution Paladin
Relentless Earthsiege Diamond is by far the best option for your Meta Gem, as it gives a considerable amount of crit and increases the damage dealt by your critical strikes by 3% and is easily activated by Enchanted Tear.
Matching gem sockets in Wrath of the Lich King is usually the correct strategy as many socket bonuses are geared towards stats that you want whereas in The Burning Crusade their usefulness could vary. As a Retribution Paladin, however, there is such a large emphasis on the value of Strength we will often times ignore bonuses that do not result in more Strength. Keeping your Meta Gem activated is by far the most important rule when deciding what gems to use but below we will list what are likely to be the best gems for each socket type.
- In Red Sockets, you will use Bold Cardinal Ruby.
- In Yellow Sockets, depending on your need for Hit you can gem for Etched Ametrine, but again following the rule of mostly prioritizing strength (after Hit cap) we mostly want Bold Cardinal Ruby
- One of your Blue Sockets should be dedicated to the Enchanted Tear but any otherwise we should ignore socket bonuses that do not result in more strength and thus we should use Bold Cardinal Ruby in these.
Best Consumables for Retribution Paladin
Dragonfin Filet is a great choice for a personal consumable and will offer you Strength as well as Stamina, but more often than not in a group environment someone will have a Fish Feast which will more than suffice. Leveling your Cooking helps considerably in reducing the cost of these and, as a secondary profession, everyone can learn it with no limitations.
Flasks and Potions
Retribution Paladin greatly values Attack Power when Strength is not an option. With the way consumables are weighted flasks are by far the strongest option in Wrath of the Lich King, so we recommend Flask of Endless Rage.
Potion of Speed greatly increases your Haste for a short period and can allow for you to maximize your damage so make sure you are using this both pre-pull and again when it is off cooldown for a considerable DPS increase.
- 18 Jan. 2023: Reviewed for Phase 2 release ahead of Ulduar raid release.
- 01 Sep. 2022: Page added.
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Blizzard Explain Why Classic Hardcore Servers Are Down Longer
- WoW Classic Patch 1.15.0 Notes
- Classic Era and Hardcore Patch 1.15.0 Known Issues List
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- Classic Era Patch 1.15.0 PTR Notes
- Classic Account Suspensions for October 2023
- Icy Veins WoW Classic Interview: Discoveries and Runes, LFR, ICC Nerfs and Much More